cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doorbell not adding faces

Snaxx
Community Member

Hi,

I've been using my doorbell for a year or 2 and wanted to test nest aware.

I activated the trial today and wanted to check out the familiar face feature.

It seems that my camera is only detecting activity but is not saving faces for me to name or edit. I already have a few events I could use but I don't get a prompt to add faces and can't see any faces in the familiar faces menu.

Is there something else I need to check?

I already read a few articles like: https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9268625?hl=en#zippy=%2Chome-app%2Cnest-app%2Csettings-a... but to no avail.

Thank you for your insights.

1 Recommended Answer

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Hmmmm,  I see it says "Note: Familiar face alerts are not available on Nest Cams used in Illinois and may not be available on certain Nest Cams in the EU."   Are you in any of those locations?

Also, Looking in my Google Home app I go into look  at a camera and click on the 3-dots in the upper right corner.  Then select SETTINGS and then select EVENTS and then select SEEN EVENTS.  Then when I scroll down I see on ON/OFF switch for FAMILIAR FACE Detection.  Is that turned on?   If you don't see it try creating at least 1 activity zone and see if it appears after that.   For some reason when I set it up a long time ago I remember i had to create a zone.

View Recommended Answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Hmmmm,  I see it says "Note: Familiar face alerts are not available on Nest Cams used in Illinois and may not be available on certain Nest Cams in the EU."   Are you in any of those locations?

Also, Looking in my Google Home app I go into look  at a camera and click on the 3-dots in the upper right corner.  Then select SETTINGS and then select EVENTS and then select SEEN EVENTS.  Then when I scroll down I see on ON/OFF switch for FAMILIAR FACE Detection.  Is that turned on?   If you don't see it try creating at least 1 activity zone and see if it appears after that.   For some reason when I set it up a long time ago I remember i had to create a zone.