cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This morning my nest dorbell angle chane after 3 years at the door

RickFont
Community Member

I've had my Nest Doorbell for 2-3 years now and it's been working great. However, this morning I noticed the view is zoomed in much closer than usual. I can't see the full entryway like I used to. I tried zooming out using the app, but it won't budge - the zoom seems stuck.

Is there anything I can do to reset the zoom and get back to the wider field of view?

Thanks for your help!

1 Recommended Answer

@RickFont 

Have you tried clicking on the "Cancel Enhance" icon while viewing your camera on the home.nest.com website? It displays on the left side of the video screen for your doorbell.  I think there was a post about this a couple of years ago.

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 7.53.38 PM.png

View Recommended Answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@RickFont 

If you have the 1st gen Google Nest Hello Doorbell, you may have inadvertently set the enhance/zoom feature, and should be able to undo it by clicking on the Cancel Enhance icon, as described in this Help topic:

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9251364#zippy=%2Cenhance-with-nest-app

RickFont
Community Member

Nope, I didn't, the zoom work in not out as the level before, so looks like the cam is suck halfway and have only the zoom in. I didn't do anything as nee set up on the phone or on the doorbell cam. This is the reason I am asking, I check all possibilities before posting. TY

@RickFont 

Have you tried clicking on the "Cancel Enhance" icon while viewing your camera on the home.nest.com website? It displays on the left side of the video screen for your doorbell.  I think there was a post about this a couple of years ago.

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 7.53.38 PM.png

RickFont
Community Member

Got it thanks