cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visitor Announcements on Phone

kellyCLTR
Community Member

I am not receiving actual notifications when someone is at the door,  Why is it a basic notification that sounds like any other and not an announcement that says "Someone is at the door" for over £170 I expected an alert like this.  I have looked at old questions on this forum and the same question was asked a year ago, has this not been resolved yet and if not how do people know when so many notifications go off for so may things throughout the day how do you know which one is actually the door.  The app settings only allow notifications on / off not to change the sound to be specific for that type of notification? 

2 REPLIES 2

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@kellyCLTR 

A customer on this thread posted instructions two years ago for customizing doorbell notification sounds on an Android phone:

https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Cameras-and-Doorbells/Custom-Notification/m-p/87642

We have iPhones, where the notification sound cannot be customized; all we can do is to set the default sound for all notifications.

kellyCLTR
Community Member

Thank you.  I have also just purchased a chime a generic universal chime so that it can be heard inside the house when I am not near the hub ( in my kitchen) or near my phone.  😀