cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All 3rd Party devices delinked in google home

kewilpee
Community Member

Last night google stop controlling my home devices. It appeared link the devices were offline.

digging a little deeper all but one company TP-link Kasa are no longer in the home control screen.

I had about 10 3rd party companies and over 100 devices. Feit for example ad 40 lights. 

When trying to re-add I get the following error. 

All of the devices work in their native app just fine. 

Help.

Screenshot_20240425_080137_Home.jpgScreenshot_20240425_081230_Google.jpgScreenshot_20240425_081237_Google.jpg

22 REPLIES 22

priyajeet
Community Member

Having the same issue since yesterday.

kewilpee
Community Member

Yah Reddit is full of the same issue

Meylertony1
Community Member

Is there a resolution being worked on by Google?

Miguel-Almeida
Community Member

I'm having multiple issues with GH.

Can't control, cand add, can't unlink. Total debacle...

Omnia quærite in simplicitate cordis

AussieDave1
Community Member

I have similar issues, links to iRobot and Hubitat are broken (Hubitat includes the majority of my smart home devices), however I also have Tuya light and LiFx lights that are both still working through google home normally. It appears Google cloud 3rd party links are broken but not to all 3rd party providers.

I've tried unlinking iRobot and re-adding but get the same message as OP posted about no compatible devices in my iRobot account (although the roomba app connects and works fine). I've also tried "Hey Google, Sync my devices", but again no luck.

First noticed this issue approx 24 hrs ago and no fix as yet from Google, hopefully support will come up with a fix soon!

Not sure if this is localized to particular regions, I am located in Western Australia if that helps Google support to rectify the issue?

Portugal Here

I had to set up a new temporary home (call it delete) to move all affected  services' devices, in my case, Tapo, Broadlink, Philips Hue, Xiaomi, because I couldn't unlink thoses services as they wouldn't appear in the Works With Google list for unlinking (as of they weren't linked).

Then, I deleted the temporary home, wiping out all data.

So far I've successfully restored all but Philips Hue services.

Further update 

I did manage to fix the Philips Hue problem, after link Philips Hue again (after multiple "couldn't reach Philips Hue erros"), all devices reappeared as offline again.

I tested renaming each one (bulbs, sensors, etc) in the Hue App, it did the trick. I tested renaming them back to the previous names, and continued to function. So the workaround is renaming them, maybe it rewrites them in GH successfully deleting the faulty entries in GH, so if you change them back to name they had, it will re-add properly, solving the whatsoever issue they had.

Unfortunately, the old issue of having two Hue Accounts for each bridge linked to two GH accounts in the same household persist, while in the GH android app everything's normal, in the Google Nest Hubs (Max or Gen2).

There it continues to give wrong light status:

- The lights in the bridge (and therefore Hue account) linked via the GH account using the Nest Hub at the moment are given real time light status;

- The lights in the bridge (and it's hue account linked to a second GH account added to the household), which therefore is not using the Nest Hub at the moment, are given the light status they had when they were linked, or if it's a GH account that someone uses, the status the had when that person used the Hubs.

It's a months old issue, not addressed till the present day.

In the phone, that doesn't happen, everything is given their present status.

Keyboard_Zombie
Community Member

same issue here, had a call with google absolutely useless. this needs to be fixed. 

They want to blame the hardware manufacturers and not own up and say yeah it’s on our end and we are working on it, instead they claim it’s nothing on their end and to contact your manufacturer for support 🙄🙄

armstrongm2006
Community Member

I also noticed on the main page of google home app, the device count is wrong and it changes to a different amount everytime you refresh. Google needs to get this fixed because this is ridiculous, I’m literally about to trash everything google and go to Alexa, at least they don’t have these stupid issues that yall don’t care to fix or address!!!

Keyboard_Zombie
Community Member

Can't even open the 'works with google' button today. Maybe theyre doing something about this issue? 

AussieDave1
Community Member

OK, so all my Hubitat and Roomba 3rd party apps have just started working with everything appearing to be online together with Yale, Tuya, LiFx and all working OK for the time being... I didn't do anything to remove and re-add, they just started working again on their own.

Fingers crossed Google have squashed the bug and you all also have working applications?

priyajeet
Community Member

I was able to unlink and add back the devices as of yesterday. I unlinked some from the Google home app while some from the Google account connections page https://myaccount.google.com/connections

I was also on the public beta of Google home and backed out of it now. Not sure if something got pushed that broke everything.

kewilpee
Community Member

Yesterday all of my devices magically started working again with no intervention on my part. Good luck everyone still experiencing issues.   

armstrongm2006
Community Member

Mine is still down and get this, Google says there is nothing wrong, that it’s our hardware and we need to contact the manufacturer. Google is an absolute joke and I don’t see them resolving anything for us with issues. So opening a support ticket with these idiots at google will not help at all!

That's a load of BS. I know for me, I have at least 10 different 3rd party hardware. devices. to say that it's a hardware problem is a lie. They all work fine in their native apps. It has to be a software rolled out that they're slowly rolling back The funny thing is my girlfriend's a family member on my Google account and for her the whole time it worked just fine. Everything, even her voice recognition. I couldn't even do the voice. It didn't even recognize my voice. Definitely a software issue for them.

Oh I know, I totally went off on the guy, haven’t heard back since 😂

Keyboard_Zombie
Community Member

All working my end now. no word from google however. maybe the amount of complaints helped. never got a call back either. 

cholt
Community Member

Was working yesterday up until about 8 pm and now have the same situation as OP 

Guess I'll try to wait it out a day or two as others have reported it "fixed itself".  Fingers crossed that I don't have to start over.  Though I don't have that many devices.

I was in the Beta, but left.  Did not help.  I also noticed only Tile in Linked services and I do have 3 tile devices, but never saw them in GH.  Now I see Roku is back, but Wyze, Wemo, and now my Chromecast devices are gone from the list.

Good luck getting support from google with this issue, they won’t even look into it and will blame your hardware and tell you to call the manufacturer 🙄🙄🙄

That would be multiple calls.  This is why I said I'll give it a couple of days.  The manuf. apps still work, so there's that.

At some point, I'll blow it all away and start over unless they make some magic.