cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add thermostat to nest app after resetting account connection

metapede
Community Member

I have several homes set up in Google Home. One has two Nest thermostats (upstairs/downstairs) installed by the previous owner. I reset the account connection on both, and then I connected both to my account/app. I quickly realized that I had accidentally associated the downstairs one to the wrong home.

I reset the account connection on it, and now it won't connect to the app at all anymore, whether via the QR code or the entry key. I get TD030, but none of the troubleshooting tips for that error fix the problem.

I have tried restarting the Nest thermostat and restarting my (iOS) phone. I've switched my phone's Bluetooth off and on. I tried resetting the Nest to its factory defaults. No luck with any of this. The thermostat is connected to my WiFi network. It just won't connect to my app.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

metapede
Community Member

I ended up calling Google support, and they helped me resolve the issue. Here's what we did:

1. In my iPhone settings, I went to Privacy > Local Network and enabled this for Nest.
  2. I made sure the already-connected thermostat (the "assisting device" in my case) was on and awake during the process to connect the second one.
  3. I used the Entry Key method instead of the QR code

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

metapede
Community Member

I forgot to mention that I was unable to add either thermostat to my Google Home app. It just didn't do anything at all after scanning the QR code. I am using the Nest app.

LaVar
Community Member

Same problem. 

metapede
Community Member

I ended up calling Google support, and they helped me resolve the issue. Here's what we did:

1. In my iPhone settings, I went to Privacy > Local Network and enabled this for Nest.
  2. I made sure the already-connected thermostat (the "assisting device" in my case) was on and awake during the process to connect the second one.
  3. I used the Entry Key method instead of the QR code

View solution in original post

JamesH
Community Member

Thanks for this. Just to clarify For others - this works. Ignore the app’s request to scan the QR code and carry on to where you enter the generated app code anyway.