cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can't add thermostat to nest app after resetting account connection

metapede
Community Member

I have several homes set up in Google Home. One has two Nest thermostats (upstairs/downstairs) installed by the previous owner. I reset the account connection on both, and then I connected both to my account/app. I quickly realized that I had accidentally associated the downstairs one to the wrong home.

I reset the account connection on it, and now it won't connect to the app at all anymore, whether via the QR code or the entry key. I get TD030, but none of the troubleshooting tips for that error fix the problem.

I have tried restarting the Nest thermostat and restarting my (iOS) phone. I've switched my phone's Bluetooth off and on. I tried resetting the Nest to its factory defaults. No luck with any of this. The thermostat is connected to my WiFi network. It just won't connect to my app.

1 Recommended Answer

metapede
Community Member

I ended up calling Google support, and they helped me resolve the issue. Here's what we did:

1. In my iPhone settings, I went to Privacy > Local Network and enabled this for Nest.
  2. I made sure the already-connected thermostat (the "assisting device" in my case) was on and awake during the process to connect the second one.
  3. I used the Entry Key method instead of the QR code

View Recommended Answer in original post

9 REPLIES 9

metapede
Community Member

I forgot to mention that I was unable to add either thermostat to my Google Home app. It just didn't do anything at all after scanning the QR code. I am using the Nest app.

LaVar
Community Member

Same problem. 

metapede
Community Member

I ended up calling Google support, and they helped me resolve the issue. Here's what we did:

1. In my iPhone settings, I went to Privacy > Local Network and enabled this for Nest.
  2. I made sure the already-connected thermostat (the "assisting device" in my case) was on and awake during the process to connect the second one.
  3. I used the Entry Key method instead of the QR code

JamesH
Community Member

Thanks for this. Just to clarify For others - this works. Ignore the app’s request to scan the QR code and carry on to where you enter the generated app code anyway. 

Lightning2k3
Community Member

I have the same issue. When I use the entry key, I get error TD013

Lina24
Community Member

When I enter the key code, it says that's not the right key, have tried resetting , have gone into privacy on my phone as suggested. What can I do to register my nest?

CristianS
Community Member

image.jpg

I factory reset my Thermostat E and now doesn’t go trough the initial set up. Doesn’t connect to my phone or any other phone for the same household. What do I do?

barrycr
Community Member

Same issue. Factory reset. Reset wifi router. Deleted app and resintalled. Refuses to show in the goolge home app and won't connect to wifi. 

itsmearron
Community Member

I had the exact same issue when using a Google pixel 7 pro, the only way I managed to re-add the thermostat to my account was to use an alternative branded phone, I used an old Huawei phone that I had in my drawer, on the different branded phone... install the nest app and sign in with your account, and add the thermostat then once added go back to your original phone and sign into your account and the thermostat will be working fine.