cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can't link xiaomi home and google home anymore

Kamoulocks
Community Member

Hi,

I'm able to link my xiaomi home account and my google assistant.

When i try, i got a error message that tell me this :

could not reach mi home, please try again.

Tried to reboot the phone, uninstall/reinstall Xiaomi home app and google home app.

It suddenly stop to work so i deleted the link between the 2 account and now i can't make the setup again, always the same error message.

Any tips please ?

Thank you.

1 Recommended Answer

Odell00
Community Member

Hey guys! I found a temporally fix. 

You must use the samsung smart things app and sync it with your yeelight/xiaomi account. If your smart device dose not appear in the yeelight app, you have to install an older version that can connect to mijia bulbs. I found a russian version that works just fine for my MJDPL01YL. https://eda-studio.ru/apk/transl/com.yeelight.cherry.apk 

Sync your smart things app with the yeelight account and all your bulbs will appear in the samsung app.

Connect your samsung smart things app with your google home app and your bulbs should appear.

This is a temporally fix that i found after 2 days of no sleep. I don't think it is the best but it works.

Google's local home sdk dose not work with this.

I think there is a google problem because the samsung app worked just fine. I think it also works with bixby.

Google please fix it.

View Recommended Answer in original post

596 REPLIES 596

SpaceMonkey
Community Member

Working, Just tried linking and it gone well finally.
Sweden. 

Filip5578
Community Member

Works now for me too, Croatia.

Emek
Community Member

The problem seems to be fixed now.  Now I have been successful to link my Mi Home devices with the Google home.

I am living in Turkey.

Wil_71
Community Member

Yes, it is working again

FICHI
Community Member

BON ; al 05/11/2021...HANNO RISOLTO!

Aggiornate , tramite "google play" le applicazioni sui vostri dispositivi e tutto torna a posto.

Almeno....così è successo a mè , ora , in Italia 🤗 

Carlos_AL
Community Member

Hi, My Google Home is already working with MI Home in Portugal

FPBXIII
Community Member

It is working again in Southern Spain!!!!

By now, problem solved.

paulnunes
Community Member

Hi i had the same problem and This morning its working when i was doing the login i changed the Language  to portuguese. The country were i live.

Janph76
Community Member

Update: Mi Home can now be relinked into google home app. Thailand

This morning Google Nest mini would not play any BBC radio stations. I’ve been playing BBC stations for several years through the device with no problems. When I as Nest will play other stations such as Jazz FM, or other commercial stations, it will play these stations. When I ask the device to play BBC Radio 4, the voice assistant responds with ‘I can’t do that here but you can ask me to play it on another device’. I’ve never had this response before. I tried troubleshooting like doing a factory reset and this does not correct the issue. Does anyone know why this is happening? 

The exact same thing is happening to us! Very frustrating as been working fine for years ... Be interested to hear if you find a solution, in meantime I'm playing radio on BBC Sounds and casting from my phone which works fine

Same here too

Exactly the same here too.  Needa solution other than casting.

I have 3 speakers and had the same issue. Cant find any help online. Tried factory reset, modem reset.

My guess is that its a BBC change but cant find anything. 

It's not an option to cast long term rendering speakers pretty much useless.

Just want Google or BBC to say something

Glad it's not just me! Have raised query on BBC Sounds website and will feedback any response 

Thank you for raising it with bbc.

Has anyone solved this yet - I am having the same issue - it started happening on 1st April

Mine worked yesterday but doesn’t today. Very annoying. The dog likes 😏radio 4 to listen to when we’re go out so streaming isn’t am option. 

Same issue here started today.  Anyine found a fix yet?

Same here. Was working fine yesterday. All other radio working except BBC. I have 2 nest minis & both the same. Tried factory reset on one of them but no joy. Have informed the BBC.

I reported it a couple if days ago but heard nothing back yet! Hopefully if Google are aware and are trying to fix it it won't be too long until sorted!!

Caz0
Community Member

Me too. Started today. Could this be a new broadcasting restriction implying April? I’m really frustrated by it. It answers “I don’t know but I found these results on search”

I have just reported this issue via the Google support chat service & was told that they’re aware of the problem & are working to fix it. 

same has suddenly happened to me as of today, 4 April 2023.

I wonder if there has been some change associated with Brexit that has suddenly kicked in.broadcasting Chan

Stennerz
Community Member

Try logging a report to BBC Sounds, the more the better I guess. Link below

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/help/contact-sounds-help/#/Need%20more%20help?

Thanks for the link Stennerz.  I posted to it.

TBH  LOng Wave Radio for on 198kHz ( yes really) was more reliable!

The first time it happened here it went on for a couple of hours.  This time it seems to be more permanent as have not been able to play BBC Radio since last evening.

There is no indication whether this is a Google problem or a BBC problem, though I suspect that, as other streaming services are working, the fault is with the BBC.

It’s a Google problem & they are aware of it. Hope they hurry up & sort it. 

Same problem here, we use BBC radio streaming daily and noticed Saturday 8 Apr. Nest minis and Lenovo panels. Not solved by changing types of voice request, reboots etc

Other radio stations and Spotify steam fine. Casting from mobile atm, not impressed. Loss of speaker group volume due to Sonos a while back and now this... Wish I'd gone for an Alexa ecosystem. 

Same problem for me today, first time ever.

Mungrul
Community Member

Same issue here. No matter where I issue the command "Hey Google, play Radio 4" from, Assistant says "Sorry, I can't do that yet".

I listen to Radio 4 on these speakers using the same command every day.

I've got 2 Nest Audio speakers in the living room, a Nest Hub in the bedroom, and a Nest Hub Max in the kitchen, and they all say the same thing.

I tried "Hey Google, play Jazz FM", and that worked fine.

It's not a problem with voice modelling either, as I watched my Hub and Hub Max perfectly interpret the command on screen.

I tried asking it why it can't play Radio 4, but that offers nothing useful, instead forwarding a bunch of outdated community responses to my phone. Why on Earth they haven't got a KB of answers to technical questions is beyond me. Surely it should be able to tell you why it's having a problem interpreting a command?

It's days like this that my smart home feels decidedly dumb.

Say Hey Google, report a problem. Then it asks what the problem is & u tell it BBC radio isn’t working.

tn5
Community Member

Loss of BBC happened to me last might about 6pm after strange noises coming from mini. Had to do a reset. Other radio stations ok except smooth chill on global player.

reported to google as you say.

This has started with me today! So glad it's not just me!

same here

Rv6 pilot Spent over an hour changing over to my new wifi system , going around in circles , till I found the forum and realised it was not just me.

Come on Google sort it out

Same has happened to me today - listen to bbc radio 4 & 6 every day until this morning!

Same here!    Getting on my nerves as I've tried all the trouble shoots 😫

Same here so frustrating