cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Edit routines gives error 404

SMADdie86
Community Member

App version 3.14.1.5

Phone Motorola e32s 

STBS32.36-102-10

Android 12.

Cleared cache, removed personal files, removed app rebooted phone and reinstalled the app.

When clicking an routine/automation I get the message 404 thats an error and thats all we know.

Working with same version on Nokia phone also with Android 12 works. But that is a backup phone that my wife uses so...

What is left for a resolution?

Phone has all the last updates and has this issue for 3 months (so also before all the last updates!)

6 REPLIES 6

SmartHomeH-TAGS
Community Member

Any automation/routine i click on to edit results in:

404. Dat is een fout.

De opgevraagde URL is op deze server niet gevonden. Meer weten we niet.

SMADdie86
Community Member

1. This concerns iPhone not android

2. Already reinstalled as i stated in the first post

3. https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Home-Automation/Google-Home-automations-giving-404-error/td-p...

4. Already tried multiple things and the issue persists

SMADdie86
Community Member

The latest Google 3.14.1.5 gives the issue.

Started downgrading the home app but issue persisted.

Tried to delete the main Google app, but that only downgrades to factory defaults. But the routines in the home app worked again.

Upgraded home and still works.

Upgraded the google app and it is broken.

So... Still an Google update issue.... Bleh

RB61
Community Member

Re-installing GHome app did not work for me. The GHome Web site does list my (problematic) routines, but strangely you cannot manage anything on that page. It keeps referring you to the app. Frustrating.

Solution:

What I finally did was revive an older Android phone, updated the GHome app (was very old, did not have routines in it!), logged in/selected my account, got to my personal routines and YES, could access them correctly and hence Delete them one by one. 

Have kept the default Google supplied routines (ie. Bed time, Good Morning, etc.)

I also noted that full-stopping the app is necessary to correctly display changes. 

SMADdie86
Community Member

Try to delete the main Google app. This will downgrde to the factory default Google version. 

Most likely the issue will be resolved for you.

It is not the google home app that is the main issue but the google (runtime/sdk)