cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google Home not recognising multi-way switches after recent update

Tahi
Community Member

Google Home version 2.56.1.11.

I have a 2 gang light switch set up in Tuya.  Up until 7 days ago both Tuya and Google Home  recognized the switches as individual devices and I had these devices associated with 2 different rooms in Google Home. However 7 days ago I had a Google Home message that said that it had removed the 2 devices.  Now Google Home only recognises the 2 gang light switch as 1 device therefore I can not control 2 different lights.

I have deleted the light switches in both Tuya and Google Home and have re-set them up. Tuya sees them as 2 separate devices however I can not get Google Home to recognise the 2 gang light switch as 2 separate devices. I have also tried setting them up in Smart Life and in Grid Connect both recognise the 2 devices but Google Home only recognises 1 device. Has anyone got any ideas where I should look or why these were removed? Thanks

180 REPLIES 180

Saytri
Community Member

@Princesss any updates on this please? This is taking too long and it’s definitely a google home issue.    

Dat1
Community Member

Same issue. Who can help me?

Rembrand
Community Member

My zaoota smart power strip was also deleted from Google home. 4 sockets and 2 usb ports. I can only use the main switch in GH now. Tuya also has a new "socket" and it's called "dp_switch_inching" this was never there before. I don't know what happened, but please Google fix this. 

Iquiz
Community Member

Has there been a resolution to this? I am having the same issue. Switches up to date. Running android up to date on pixel 7 pro. This bug has broken some routines.

Mmiketa
Community Member

This is definitely a Google Service issue and not an app version issue. I'm now in the Home Preview and the issue is persisting. This needs to be fixed soon or I am just going to use this as the jumping off point to switch to a different company for my smart home needs. 

Andydd68
Community Member

I'm here as just noticed same issue with android phone...my previous 2 gang light switch shows as single device on Google home.

Saytri
Community Member

Issue seams to have been resolved here. All came back without doing anything except swiping down to refresh in the google app. (something that I have done multiple times before), so google must have done something from their side 

ZSCH
Community Member

Hmm not for me

Iquiz
Community Member

I'm glad that for some the issue has been resolved. I, unfortunately, still have the issue. I have tried to refresh and have even deleted and re-set (factory reset) up the switch. No luck for me yet. 

Keredcake
Community Member

Not resolved for me, issue persists

davemb
Community Member

same here. it's been 2 days now and I've tried just about everything on this thread and google home still won't recognize the individual buttons on switches while it's perfectly fine on smartlife and tuya

Junjun122
Community Member

Mine was working until a few hours ago.

Never opened the Home app for quite some time until now (I just command my Google Homes). Now this, individual switches has been grouped as one.

Saytri
Community Member

From what I'm seeing that the issue will be resolved automatically after some time, but this can take like 2 months. Don't really know what the issue is and it is a newsence. I had the issue before 2 times already, and it eventually was resolved, however, if the issue is not resolved permanently it's a matter of time before it happens again. This issue only happens on google home and not with Alexa, so it must be the way google home communicates with the switches with different manufacturers.

"this can take like 2 months"

i've had the same issue with my fan/light combo for over 2 years.  the only solution i have found was to buy an alexa device for that room.

Junjun122
Community Member

That's a bummer. They were all setup for automation and routines and now I need to find workarounds.

Came across the history. They were recorded being removed at the same time by "me". Screenshot 

Saytri
Community Member

Yes same here

Hcfranco
Community Member

Same problem here! 

Gedwardc
Community Member

I lost control of individual switches on 2 gang switch a few weeks back too. Really inconvenient. Running on Android. Possibly because I am running the public preview version of Google Home app?

Alon005
Community Member

Having the same issue. Multiple switches with 3 gang, up untill yesterday I was a oe to control each 3 gang switches from Google home but during the day I added a new switch and sudde ly all of the previous ones got merged each one so that you can only turn on the entire 3 gang switch. 

Long story short tried everything, unlinking Smart Life and relinking, I also tried adding a new 3 Gang switch I had and it also added itself combined and not seperated 3 switches.

The control from Smart Life works perfectly.

What is going on?

Alon005
Community Member

Update:

I went to Smart Life and deleted two switches , then went back to Google home and all the left switches got splitted each to 3 as it should have. As if there's a maximum amount of devices and if you pass that maxinum it suddenly combines devices with multiple gangs into one gang switch of all three.

Not sure what to do now?

sultankhanx
Community Member

Same problem here as everybody. Its been three weeks now still did not fix by itself like it broke by itself. 

Alon005
Community Member

Google please fix this! 😞

Rackers
Community Member

Well I now have the same issue. Many devices and one by one they are 'breaking'. They disappear from the app and then when they reappear they are single switches. I'm using gosund rather than tuya. To be clear, Alexa still recognises these as 2 gang switches and creates separate controls. Gosund allows the switches to be controlled separately, even within automation controls. It's just Google home. I'm in the UK. 

scottyw
Community Member

Having the same issue. Two gang Wifi Light Switch registered through SmartLife App. Worked fine for over two years. Now only show's as one device, was showing as three devices on Google Home before allowing individual control. Been an issue for over a month now, was hoping an app update would fix. 

yuvaltsu
Community Member

Google please fix this issue! Joined today with newly out of the box 2-gang switch which shows up great in Tuya, but in Google home shows up as one switch. Very annoying!

UPR
Community Member

I'm having the same problem with a two switch which Google home can not identify any longer, which worked before

This setup works very well with Alexa, so I guess if not google will solve this, Alexa will be the way forward 

minxtu
Community Member

Same here. Wait updates from Google

LynBe
Community Member

Having the same issue with an AHRise outlet. 

Vanser
Community Member

Oh no, this happened to me in January 2023 and now it was April 😞

I tried to find a lot of helps, fixing ways but can't, and I've just found your post. At least I felt empathized 😞 Hope they will fix it soon.

minxtu
Community Member

this error occurs with wifi switchs, zigbee switchs is working properly

Jprce
Community Member

Same issues here with smart life light switches. Dual light switch showing as a single in the Google home app 

Iddiggplants
Community Member

this has been an issue with me for over 2 years now.  smartlife fan/switch combo only shows as a single item in google home.  everything is up to date, and smartlife and the manufacturer are telling me there is nothing they can do on their end.   it works in smartlife, it works with alexa, it works with apple homekit.  google needs to stop deflecting and pretending the issue isnt with them.  the problem started after a google home update, not a smartlife update.

Bancorat
Community Member

Anyone found a solution for this issue.  I am having the same issue with 2 gang switches.  They appear as 1 switch on google home app.  Running Android and connecting them via smart life app.  I have tried everything and nothing works.  Before they appeared as separate switches for each gang and one day google removed them.  

JorgeHC
Community Member

Happened to me yesterday when tried to add a new device. All existing two way outlets were also updated in google home and now they only show as one. I did not know this was an issue with google

home until I tried to add a new device. Please fix this.

solbeto
Community Member

Google just don’t care about this.  

jmoleano
Community Member

Just posting to say that the problem remains.

If we don't post anything, Google personnel will start to think that the problem just magically solved itself.

So just to be clear...

This problem is NOT solved, and is still an ongoing issue.

Jmengsk
Community Member

Hello same problem here I have android  and two double switch, smart life app can see individual  switches, even amazon alexa too. But no Google home

Juddy1965
Community Member

Ive just had the same issue happen to me. After a recent google home update (3.1.1.14) google has stopped recognizing my Deta 4 gang, 3 gang, and 2 gang wall switches as individual switches (gangs). I used to be able to set these individual switches (gangs )as individual switches to control individual lights but now it treats the switches as one individual switch. 

I also used to be able to change the individual switches (gang) to light so I could add them individually to a routine.  Now when I add these switches to a routine it turns on all the switches on this gang.  

These switches are added to grid connect and then added to google home as Grid Connect works with google home.  They show up in grid connect as individual switches with their own individual names and I can control them individually through Grid Connect. I have checked and both Google and grid connect are up to date. 

Like I said all this functionality was fine until my google home was recently updated.   Is anyone else having these same issues still? 

DavidQc
Community Member

I have this problem too. Two plugs and usb outlet. Working in tuya, but still detected as a single switch in Google Home version May 2023

morlando58
Community Member

So frustrating.  I have 2 of the exact same HBN 3 outlet power supplies.  1 was installed years ago and shows up as 3 individually controlled outlets, the other is simply showing as 1.  SAME EXACT PRODUCT.  After contacting the manufacturer and it showing up correctly in both their own app and the smart life app it was concluded that this is an issue on the googles side.  ALl google does is deflect the issue to others.