cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Lutron switches removed from rooms constantly

Jrkart99
Community Member

Set up: Lutron hub -> SmartThings-> Google Home

Over the past few months all Lutron switches are being removed from the rooms I assigned them to on their own. This appears to be random timing, no other family members have changed anything. The switches remain connected through the Google home app under the "linked to you" section. There are no changes to the SmartThings or lutron app . The frequency appears to be increasing.

Steps taken: uninstalled/reinstalled app, power cycled everything. No changes.

This is becoming increasingly annoying because not only to I have to re link into the home, and put them back into rooms, then I have to fix all my automations. I have had Years of hassle free operation with same setup. Now happening every few days. 

9 REPLIES 9

DRTo
Community Member

I’m having the same exact issue. Have you solved it? It’s nearly daily, and super random. Only seemed to start within the last few months

imgo
Community Member

same issue. please help!

mjsam521
Community Member

Same issues - any solutions found ?

Jrkart99
Community Member

I've been in contact with lutron, this was back in November. There has been no solution and I've not heard anything. My Lutron was connected to smart things then connected to GH. To do we work around I connected lutron straight to Google home. That allows me to continue to use voice commands to turn on and off the lights. My smart things is still connected to lutron that way I can use all my switches and my routines. It's not perfect but it works. I would definitely have you guys contact lutron and see if you can get their butts in gear.

Jrkart99
Community Member

This was the last response I got from them, they are punting over to Samsung. And I don't think Samsung's going to be very helpful either.

Our engineering team has provided the following statement:

"We have been trying to reproduce this behavior on our end but so far unsuccessful, seems like certain conditions trigger this behavior. Lutron connected directly to Google home and not being an issue does point to with SmartThings. I’d recommend reaching to Samsung for further support, if they would like to reach out to us in regards to this issue have them reference the case number (02945822), likewise if they have some sort of logging that could help narrow down this issue, share the case number you have created with them and we can try reaching out in regards to it."

DRTo
Community Member

Still same issues for me. Reached out to ST and they responded with some unhelpful response about restarting my phone, which shows they obviously didn’t attempt to understand the issue. So I don’t know what to say…

DRTo
Community Member

My mistake… it was that they asked me to remove and re-add everything, which would break tonne a of automations, and not a viable approach, imho.

I would like to request you to remove and re-add the device and check how it goes.”

Jrkart99
Community Member

Yeah F that.  This works no problem for years then it breaks. So the solution is to rearrange your entire Smart home.

DRTo
Community Member

If any of you reach out to ST or Lutron, definitely reference this thread if they want to see this is affecting a few others, or if they need more accounts to cross reference..