cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest/Yale Lock code management with kids

dlwhitlinger
Community Member

I just installed a Nest Yale lock and im trying to add the rest of my family so they can create Individual Door codes and we can keep track of who is coming and going.  Our boys are 12 and they have Google accounts that are also in Family Link.  When I try to give them access to Google Home or Assistant it balks because they are under 13. Anyway around all of the Google Family Link stuff other than creating new “adult” accounts for them?

1 Recommended Answer

dlwhitlinger
Community Member

We created "guest" passcodes for the boys that will expire when they are 13 and can actually be promoted to be "family members" in Nest....  its a workaround, but should need to be a workaround.  Plenty of families with children under the age of 12 need to give them Nest/Yale passcodes for after school or whatever.  

View Recommended Answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

dlwhitlinger
Community Member

We created "guest" passcodes for the boys that will expire when they are 13 and can actually be promoted to be "family members" in Nest....  its a workaround, but should need to be a workaround.  Plenty of families with children under the age of 12 need to give them Nest/Yale passcodes for after school or whatever.