I have 3 Wyze plugs (2021 version) that up until this morning worked fine in the Home app. This morning, my Assistant routine gave me the '"device name" is not responding' message. When I pull up the Google Home app on my phone, the plug devices show up but are not responsive, and when I tap on them to get details, they show 'Not Responding'.
I have already done the following troubleshooting steps:
* powercycled the plugs themselves
* disconnected and reconnected the Wyze app in 'Works with Google' in the Home app
* rebooted the phone (Pixel 4a 5G/Android 12)
* removed the devices from the Home app and re-added them
* removed the devices from the Wyze app and re-added them, then relinked in Home app - this resulted in them showing correctly and working for approximately 30 seconds, after which they flipped back to 'Not Responding'.
* rebooted my router & wifi
Firmware on the plugs is up to date, as are the Home app and all other apps on my phone. Note that these devices work fine in the Wyze app and show connected to my wifi network and up to date. This is definitely on the Google/integration side. Not sure what else to try.
Answered! Go to the Recommended Answer.