cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After Wifi change, Nest Hello ( wired) does not connect

cyrus530
Community Member

Hey all, here's my situation:

• I got a Nest doorbell, December 2020, wired
  • From the first start, it refused to connect with the doorbell gong. 
    • I once connected a Honeywell wireless Gong to it, but once the doorbell was pressed it came into a ‘loop’ and didn’t stop ringing. So I had to remove a battery to stop the sound. That obviously didn’t work
  • Therefore I connected it to my Google assistant, and that worked nicely. Not completely as intended but het, it did the trick
  • The camera worked, video registration in Nest Aware was ok

This was connected to a Linksys Velop network, on a Fritzbox router.

Well. Then I decided to replace my wifi network from Linksys Velop to Google Nest Wifi mesh. Mainly because the Velop network had some annoying disconnects and bad range. And I liked the simplicity of Nest.

Setting up the Wifi network worked like a charm. But my nest Hello never got connected again

• 2 meters from the router and Google Nest Wifi router and the Fritzbox
  • I resetted the Google Nest ( multiple times) by pushing with a paperclip for about 10 seconds
  • Reactivated Bluetooth by switching on and off
  • Held my iPhone next to the Nest Hello
  • Reset the Wifi router
  • Reset the Fritzbox
  • Deleted and reinstalled the Nest app
  • ( all in different combinations)

To rule out electricity hardware issues:

• Bought a new heavy transformator ( since the ring showed yellow)

So I am practically out of options. 

Hopefully, some of you can give me a pointer on where to go. I am very enthusiastic in building a Google Ecosystem, however, this puzzles me.

1 Recommended Answer

Any chance you can borrow an Android phone or chromebook to try to hook it up? I can't remember what Google device I was setting up a while ago but there was a time that my latest Pixel wouldn't work when it was first out. I had to use an older Android phone or an iPhone ironically to set it up. I think it was a Chromecast or something. 

View Recommended Answer in original post

7 REPLIES 7

MrRongoose
Community Member

Are you using the Google Home app? I would use the Nest app for that doorbell

Yes 

Trying to connect ring doorbell to my iphone.

cyrus530
Community Member

Thanks for your swift reply. I used the Nest app indeed

MrRongoose
Community Member

Would you happen to have a Nest Yale lock? What's the message you get prior to the error and what specific error?

cyrus530
Community Member

No, I don't have a Nest Yale Lock (yet). Error codes are misc. Lack of Bluetooth connection ( not correct but restarted), to far away from modem ( 1,5 meter) 

Any chance you can borrow an Android phone or chromebook to try to hook it up? I can't remember what Google device I was setting up a while ago but there was a time that my latest Pixel wouldn't work when it was first out. I had to use an older Android phone or an iPhone ironically to set it up. I think it was a Chromecast or something.