cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Are the Bulbs on the Nest floodlight changeable

JamesApples
Community Member

I Installed the Nest Camera Floodlight.  I hate the color of the light.  Any chance of changing it for a better tone, warmer, not so hospital bright white?

2 REPLIES 2

BG
Bronze
Bronze

I could be wrong, but I don't believe there is. I don't know how long you have had it, or how long you've used it, but I recently installed 5 of them, and I thought the exact same thing. My old floodlights were more of a warm color, and these are that "daylight" bright white, however, after using them, I discovered that when triggered, it really produces a much better video (color and brightness wise) than when I had my other cameras, that used the warmer color floods. So, I'm actually happy with the color after testing them. I think you will get better video, and they are brighter than the standard floodlight. Maybe give it a try?

I'm actually extremely happy with the hardware, it's just the software (Google Home App) that I am disappointed in. I am counting on Google to enhance the user experience and add functionality to the app so that you can do things like turn them on and off in the Sunrise/Sunset routine, or schedule them, and release the web module.

JamesApples
Community Member

Thanks for the response.  Yeah i've been torn since i installed the first one.  But since they are for security maybe it makes sense to keep them.