cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Chime Keeps Ring - 4 Wire NuTone

CFH2022
Community Member

Hi just installed the NEST Doorbell Wired, and our Chime keeps ringing.  Checked voltage and upgraded to 24v transformer, which is actually putting out 28v. We have a NuTone Three Note Door Chime (Model LA305WL - https://www.amazon.com/NuTone-LA305WL-Traditional-Musical-Walnut/dp/B001PO26DO?source=ps-sl-shopping...

We only have the front door connected to the NuTone. The chime has 4 wires - 2 from the transformer and 2 from the doorbell. This chime provides constant power to terminals 2 (Red Transformer) and 3 (All White wires tied together) and also provides power to light the pushbuttons. (Front Doorbell Red Wire). I am trying to figure out where to install the NEST Chime Connector to stop the continual ringing. See the wiring diagram for the NuTone chime.

CFH2022_0-1663514947676.png

For now, I have tied the transformer and front doorbell wires together, and the NEST is working, but I want to keep the chime. 

Troubleshooting Steps:

1: Checked voltages and had 16 volts. Changed Transformer to 24 volts and rechecked voltages which are now 28v.

2: Made sure nothing is shorted at the doorbell. 

3: Disconnect NEST Doorbell chine stops. 

4: Touch doorbell wires together with NEST removed chime rings once. 

5: Connected NEST Chime connector: 

White to terminal 3 and bundled whites wires into push connector.

Gray to Transformer Terminal 2 and Red wire into push connector.  Kept ringing.

6: Turned Chime On and Off in App several times. 

Thanks 

0 REPLIES 0