cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Double notifications through headphones

Tilertailor
Community Member

When I have AirPods in, I receive two notifications for every event. It sounds like, “From Google Home: person seen at front door doorbell. And, person seen at front door doorbell.” Perhaps unrelated, but for context, this also happens when driving with Google maps driving directions. Does anyone know why this happens and how to fix?

1 REPLY 1

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Hi Tilertailor,  I'm and enduser like you.  It sounds like you are using the Google Home app?   I only ran that app for a week when I got the new cameras but have since returned them and have gone back to the older Gen 1 cameras the work on the NEST app.

But to answer you question it sounds like in the settings for the notifications you might have two things selected.  The App itself can give you a notification and if you also selected SMS/TEXT it would send a notification that way as well.  Since  you have the app running you do not need the SMS notification.   I'm working from memory here so I might be off base but take a look at how  you have the notifications setup in the app.

Please return here and let us know if this helped of if  you found a way to fix it.