cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Feature Request - Google Nest Indoor/Outdoor (Battery Camera) Web view

DavidBrooks
Community Member

The older Nest cameras could be viewed in the Nest App, the Google Home app and at home.nest.com.

The new Google Nest Indoor/Outdoor (Battery) cameras can only be viewed in the Google Home App.

I love using the Google Home app to view my camera feed on my phone when I am out and about but when I am home and at my computer I want to be able to view the cameras through the web browser on my desktop computer. I have a nice big 4k monitor I use to view my older Google Nest cameras with.

Can we get a way to view the new Google Nest Indoor/Outdoor (Battery) cameras in a web browser please? That is the only feature the new cameras are missing that I really miss.

Best,
David Brooks

4 REPLIES 4

JillG
Diamond Product Expert
Diamond Product Expert

Thanks for posting that feedback @DavidBrooks 

The Nest Community manager did post a bit about the future plans here and she mentioned this specifically:

Our team is actively working on a plan to bring other Nest devices into the Home app and we’ll share more later. Some of our upcoming features are:

• A new home on the web. This has been an important feature request, so we’re developing a new Google Home on Web for the new Nest cameras and doorbell allowing users to view their cameras on the Web. This will be coming in 2022. 

So I do think that web access will be implemented at some point.

That's wonderful news! Thanks for sharing! I am eagerly awaiting the release of this one!

JillG
Diamond Product Expert
Diamond Product Expert

You are in company around this community with that request! 😀

firmwaredev
Bronze
Bronze

Yep, eagerly awaiting this as well. One thing you can do in the short term is to run an Android emulator on your PC ( Bluestacks is the most popular). Within that you can run the Google Home app, and access your camera feeds, and other stuff in Home on your PC.  Not as good as running in a web browser natively of course, but it works ok.