cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Floodlight cam- light time of day schedule

Dazednconfused
Community Member

Is there a way to schedule the floodlights so that they go on at a specific time of day and off at a specific time of day. For example- automatically turn on the floodlights at 5 PM daily and then stay on until 8 AM the next day? I don’t want to have them triggered by motion and then shut off. I can’t find an article on this anywhere.

1 Recommended Answer

BG
Bronze
Bronze

Yes, you can set up a routine for the floodlights to come on and go off. Simply  open your Home App, click the Routines Icon. Click the big + button bottom right to "Add" a routine. Click the +Add start link. Click the Time option OR,  Sunrise Sunset option for your starter.  Choose a time and days of the week. and choose to be notified on your phone so you know it is working. Then, go back and add an "Action", choose the "Adjust Home Devices". Choose the lights, plugs and more option, select your floodlight(s) to turn on, select "Done" at the bottom, go back and Save the whole routine. Then, you have to create another one to turn them off.

Hope that helps.

View Recommended Answer in original post

6 REPLIES 6

BG
Bronze
Bronze

Are you talking about the Floodlights only or the Camera's too? The Floodlights can be controlled/scheduled by creating a routine in the Google Home app, however the camera's can only be controlled in the Home/Away routine and cannot be scheduled in the Home App. You can schedule the Floodlights to come on at Sunset, and they will stay on until the Sunrise routine turns them off.

I installed several of the Nest Floodlights, and I need to schedule the Cameras to turn off during the day and this is not possible. You could create schedules in the Nest app, but not in the Google Home App. You can build a routine, but the cameras are not available as an option to control. In my case, it would be ideal to turn them off and on, using the Sunrise/Sunset routine. The floodlights already have a daylight sensor built in, but it would be nice to schedule the cameras.

Hi BG,

Yes, I was referring to having an on/off schedule for the floodlights only as I want to set the lights to go on every night at a specific time and off the next morning at a specific time. So you’re saying that can be done on a routine in the Google Home app? I don’t want the lights triggered by motion. Regarding what you said about the camera- I don’t need an automated on/off schedule for the camera though I hear what you’re saying in that the Nest app offered that but the Google Home app apparently does not (or at least not yet). 

Imo, this is a big miss. Not to mention this seems like a massive ploy to get more data from users. I'm thinking of returning my wireless cams partly because of the lack of scheduling is killing the battery, and also because the aforementioned reason(s) is letting know too much. 

BG
Bronze
Bronze

Yes, you can set up a routine for the floodlights to come on and go off. Simply  open your Home App, click the Routines Icon. Click the big + button bottom right to "Add" a routine. Click the +Add start link. Click the Time option OR,  Sunrise Sunset option for your starter.  Choose a time and days of the week. and choose to be notified on your phone so you know it is working. Then, go back and add an "Action", choose the "Adjust Home Devices". Choose the lights, plugs and more option, select your floodlight(s) to turn on, select "Done" at the bottom, go back and Save the whole routine. Then, you have to create another one to turn them off.

Hope that helps.

BG,

Thank you for that detailed info. That helps!

Hey folks,
It looks like we have come to a solution so I'm going to be locking this thread. We also appreciate the feedback and will pass this along. If you have any other concerns or questions, please feel free to create a new thread.

Have a great day.
Garrett DS