cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google Nest Cam Indoor: Talk and Listen with Samsung phone (Very low sound)

Mackiavelus
Community Member

I just bought a Google Nest Cam Wired (Indoor) and im using it with my Samsung S21 Ultra phone. When i use the "Talk and Listen" function in the Google Home App i get a very low sound out of the camera speaker. 

I read in several threads that this is a known issue but I want to get an ETA and/or some kind of compensation. I feel like i wasted my money buying this device if it doesn´t work as advertised. The volume that comes out of the speaker is very very low, its pretty useless like that. One of the reasons i bought the device was the 2 way communication it advertised.

3 REPLIES 3

ntl1548
Community Member

I have to use the web-based version of the app, this problem has been going back to 2019 with Samsung phones.

If you get a fix please post it.

divadyasdnil
Community Member

I thought the latest Google Home update had fixed the problem but I was wrong.  Adjusting the volume of the camera in the Home App Audio settings, for example lower then to back high, results in talk and listen working correctly at that time.  But only for 1 instance.  When you stop live video then return to it and try talk and listen again the volume problem is the same as it was before, far too low for anyone to hear it.  Please advise Google the software defect is NOT fixed for Samsung phones.