cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How to change WiFi settings without climbing to Nest Pro

Elizaville
Community Member

Hello,

my Nest Pro outdoor camera is installed 50 ft up in the air under the roof. I need to change Wifi settings on it (we got a better network), but I do not have a lift and would like to avoid calling expensive people to climb there.  How could I update WiFi settings without reading QR codes?

please help

1 Recommended Answer

Rubes
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Unless I misunderstood, with the Outdoor cam can’t you change the WiFi settings from within the app?

I have the Outdoor IQ and within the Nest app and settings option for the camera, there is a WiFi connection setting that walks the user through making WiFi changes within the app.

Can you maybe clarify which camera you have? I’m not familiar with the “Nest Pro”.  Is it the Outdoor IQ, the regular outdoor cam or one of the newer battery-only ones?

View Recommended Answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Rubes
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Unless I misunderstood, with the Outdoor cam can’t you change the WiFi settings from within the app?

I have the Outdoor IQ and within the Nest app and settings option for the camera, there is a WiFi connection setting that walks the user through making WiFi changes within the app.

Can you maybe clarify which camera you have? I’m not familiar with the “Nest Pro”.  Is it the Outdoor IQ, the regular outdoor cam or one of the newer battery-only ones?

Elizaville
Community Member

Thank you so much for reaching out. I was able to connect because I found a picture of the back of the camera made before it was mounted under the roof. Have a nice day