I lost my QR CODE for the webcam. Recently i change my internet provider and had to setup the Nest Cam to my Google Home App/Nest App
i tried so many ways from entering the 6 digit code to connecting Nest Cam to my Macbook. Nothing is working for me.
Any kind souls please help me with this issue
I don't believe you can do anything without the QR code. I think the intent was that no one can use it if stolen. Unfortunately I think you have an expensive paperweight now.
I also know from experience if you have a nest subscription that it can't be transferred and there is no way to get a refund.
1. There is a 6 digit/letter code written underneath your nest cam (battery). Write that down
2. use a tooth pick to press the mini button behind the cam. Hold this for 15 - 20 seconds until you see an orange light and some funny noises coming out from the cam
3. download the google home app and click the top left ‘add a device’
4. Instead of scan QR CODE, hit the ‘no QR CODE’ use the 6 digit/letter pin instead.
5. try this a few times because the product just suck and it took me 3-5 tries on each nest cam to make it work
6. The battery life is really short, i turned off every special function like mic and all but it only last less than a week. So make sure to put it somewhere low so u can keep charging the batteries
I apologize for my late response and thank you for all of your patience while waiting for a reply. I definitely understand how frustrating your situation must be, and I wanted to make sure that your concern was acknowledged. Do you still need help with this issue? I know that there's been a delay in response since you posted.
Just checking in to see if you still need assistance with this issue. We'll leave this topic open for another 24 hrs in case there are any follow up questions or comments. Please let me know if you need further assistance.