cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Cam Battery Powered

Truth21
Community Member

My new battery-powered Nest Cam says, Idle. Then I click on the picture and it takes me to the next screen and then if i choose live video, i can then see the fee.  Seems like a hassle.  How can see the live feed right away as you do on the other nest cams? IMG_6545.jpgimage.jpg

1 Recommended Answer

Hilary
Community Manager (Admin)

Hey Folks.

We haven't heard any updates from you. I'll go ahead and lock this thread. If you're still experiencing problems, feel free to start a new thread and we'll be happy to help.

Best Regards,
Hilary

View Recommended Answer in original post

6 REPLIES 6

ST
Community Member

If you click on "live video" on the first screen, it will start the live video, and wont take you to the next screen where you see the battery and additional choices.

I think this is probably to preserve the battery life. It would be cool to auto start the live feed when app is opened to the camera page, I agree, or at least give us a choice. 

Truth21
Community Member

Okay thank you.  Now my issue is the viewing angle.  is there a way for the cam to sit flat on the shelf without the maimage.jpggnectic device?

ST
Community Member

I think you need an indoor stand for that. I think they are sold as an accessory. The magnetic base is needed for the cam to run. I think it even has a power button etched at the centre, indicating it's the "power button" for the camera. 

You could possibly stick the magnetic base to something metal inside your house? 

Truth21
Community Member

Okay, thank you.  I will look for one.

Hilary

Hey there, 
Just wanted to jump in here to make sure you found a solution. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns as I will be locking this in 24 hours.

Have a great day!
Hilary

Hilary

Hey Folks.

We haven't heard any updates from you. I'll go ahead and lock this thread. If you're still experiencing problems, feel free to start a new thread and we'll be happy to help.

Best Regards,
Hilary