cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Cam outdoor setup

brownk57
Community Member

Trying to setup a new Nest Cam battery. I already have 2 Nest doorbell cameras which I can see in both the Nest and Google home apps.

When I scan the QR in Nest, it says I must set it up in Google Home.  When I scan the QR in Google home, I get the check mark, but then nothing happens and the new camera doesn't show.

Help!

3 REPLIES 3

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

@brownk57 

What do you mean by "the new camera doesn't show"? Google Nest has set it up so that the new cameras and doorbells released since 2021 work ONLY in the Google Home app. Our older cameras and doorbells can be viewed in the Google Home app, but can be administered and receive notifications ONLY in the Google Nest app or be configured and viewed on the home.nest.com web page.

Dennis-VanMetre
Community Member

This is ridiculous.  Those of us who use Nest and had to replace defective cameras are replacing them with these newer ones but our NestAware contracts do not support them?  How can we use our NestAware service that we've paid for with these new cameras?

@Dennis-VanMetre 

Our Nest Aware subscriptions cover all the cameras and doorbells in the same "home" or "structure". Unfortunately, history for the older cameras is viewable only in the Google Nest app or on the home.nest.com web page while history for the newer cameras is viewable only in the Google Home app.