cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Cameras continually spinning, freezing n will not run continuously.

LDavisBaker
Community Member

Since Nest has merged with Google, I’m having problems with my outdoor cameras spinning, freezing n no continuous live security.  I’ve troubleshooted, changed my WiFi to over 1,000 yet I keep getting messages that WiFi speed not enough.  Had Cable Company come out n this message is untrue and I’ve had my cameras since 2017 with no problems until last few months.  What is the issue n can it be solved?

5 REPLIES 5

EmptyNester
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Hi LD,  I'm and end user like you.  Did anything change with your router or WIFI device?   Have you tried completely removing the power from the camera for about 30 seconds and then bringing back on-line?   This will allow it to re-establish it's wifi connection with your network.

Also, have you tried viewing the camera on your computer instead of a phone or tablet to see if you get the same error message?

If that doesn't work you may want to open an official support ticket with the Google Techs to see if they can help see what is going on.  Here is the link:

https://support.google.com/googlenest/gethelp

Rubes
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

This may or may not be related to your issue, however the blue spinning circle while viewing video history in the Nest app was definitely caused by the last update for the app. Unfortunately the only solution is another update which there is no current timeline for release.

@Rubes 

It looks like the iOS version of the Google Nest app was updated a month ago. Is this an issue affecting just some customers? We haven't seen the problem.

Rubes
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Maybe it is some customers. But 5.68.0 definitely broke the app as far as video history scrubbing goes.

S3bryan
Community Member

Don't Bother, google could care less.  They just give the run around.  Its a server based software bug in IOS.  Does google care?  no they are more interested in Pixie Dixie Phones and Chromecrap TV.  Nest users left out to dry.  Home app supports what Nest Product?  Cameras? Nope reverts to nest app.  Smoke detectors, Alarms? Nah All useless thanks to Google buying nest.  Spinning wheel video?  nope according to google we are the problem.