cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Doorbell Battery Announcements

Hap
Community Member

I installed and set up a Nest Doorbell (battery) yesterday. Overall I am pleased with the product however the announcers and implementation of "quiet time" and the "do not disturb" functionality are disappointing and should be improved to make this an exceptional product. 

First, I have a Nest Cam IQ Indoors. At one point I had Google Assistant enabled on this device but it has been off for over a year. The Nest Doorbell announces visitors on this device which I do not want. I cannot find a setting to implement "do not disturb" on the camera so I can only turn on "quiet time" to silence the camera. This is unfortunate but if I could schedule "quiet time" it would be manageable. 

Not being able to schedule "quiet time" is an unfortunate oversight. Between nap time and overnight I want to silence the doorbell during the same intervals everyday. It is unworkable to silence the doorbell twice a day with a maximum of three hour intervals. I would far prefer to schedule this or create a Google Assistant routine. 

Two requests, either one of which would resolve my issue:

1) "Do not disturb" mode on Nest Cam IQ Indoor 2) Allow scheduling or Google Assistant routines to turn "Quiet Time" on and off. 

Thanks!

1 Recommended Answer

Hap
Community Member

Just in case anyone has a similar issue, I resolved the issue with the Nest Cam IQ Indoor announcing doorbell rings by doing a factory reset of the camera. The camera did not have a "do not disturb" function. I suspect that the issue was related to the Google Assistant functionality on the camera. While I did not have the Google Assistant turned on for the camera, I previously did and I suspect it was still causing the issue despite not being enabled. 

Even though I resolved that issue, it would still be beneficial to be able to schedule Quiet Time so it repeats daily rather than manually setting it each time. 

View Recommended Answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hap
Community Member

Just in case anyone has a similar issue, I resolved the issue with the Nest Cam IQ Indoor announcing doorbell rings by doing a factory reset of the camera. The camera did not have a "do not disturb" function. I suspect that the issue was related to the Google Assistant functionality on the camera. While I did not have the Google Assistant turned on for the camera, I previously did and I suspect it was still causing the issue despite not being enabled. 

Even though I resolved that issue, it would still be beneficial to be able to schedule Quiet Time so it repeats daily rather than manually setting it each time.