I recently changed routers and as a result my WIFI name and password had changed. So i factory reset the Doorbell in order to set it up again on the new WIFI. It seems to connect to the new WIFI alright but gets to the finishing up stage and comes up with "There was a problem communicating with Google". All my other nest devices have had no issues swapping over to the new WIFI. I have tried setting it up under a new Home and turning on Airplane mode with WIFI and Blutooth on. But neither has worked. I have also removed the previous instance of this doorbell from my home. Not sure what else to do.
Hi Schmidta2103, I'm an end user like you. I have seen a good number of postings of people having this same problem.
This is a user forum and the Google techs don't respond here. You can open an official support ticket here and I believe they can talk you thru how to get up and running:
Once they get you app and running please return here and let us know how they fixed it as this will help other people running into this problem.
We haven't heard any updates from you. Please let us know if you still need help as we will be locking this in 24 hours if we won't hear back from you again. Feel free to start a new thread and we'll be happy to help.