cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Hello worked perfectly for 2.5yrs but is now overheating transformers and chimes

AdeleUK
Community Member

My Nest Hello was installed in my new build home by a Nest Pro engineer 2.5 years ago and has worked perfectly up until now. The chime rang on it's own, staying on alongside the transformer making an extremely loud humming noise until the circuit tripped. The transformer was too hot to touch even for a second. I then had the transformer replaced by a qualified electrician (without a chime as the original was provided by the Nest Pro engineer and I have been unable to find a compatible replacement). The camera then worked for approximately 5 minutes before overheating the new transformer and tripping the circuit once again.

Please note, I have had the circuit checked now by 2 electricians, both confirming it has been wired as per the diagram provided by Nest. Both transformers have been of the correct voltage / amps. My electrician suggests the fault is with the Nest Hello doorbell unit, however for it to fail after only 2.5 years of use for £230 is highly disappointing and the overheating transformers are a potential fire risk.

0 REPLIES 0