cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest outdoor IQ won’t power out of warranty

Jklimkowski
Community Member

I own 25 google products from the nest lineup.  All have been ok except the nest IQ outdoor cameras.  I just had one of my IQ outdoor cameras go out again.  It won’t power up.   This time google has decided it is out if warranty, even though they replaced this camera a few months ago with the same problem.  Very disappointing.   I will be looking for other services.  Anyone have any suggestions on a new provider?  Ty.  

1 REPLY 1

cincy85
Community Member

Isn't that ridiculous? I purchased two nest IQ outdoor cams - one stopped working after 7 months, they replaced it. The other stopped working after 8 months, they replaced, And then the one that they replaced first, stopped working at 7 months again. I contacted them and they told me the same thing - it's out of warranty. 

It doesn't seem fair that they replace a defective camera with another defective camera - and then claim it's out of warranty. This is clearly a systemic issue and should be covered under a recall, not a warranty claim. These are $350 cameras!

I asked support whether I could pay to have it repaired, they said 'no.' She actually said "I request you to purchase a new device" 

Out of warranty, can't be fixed, request you to buy a new oneOut of warranty, can't be fixed, request you to buy a new one