cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

New Nest Outdoor Cam (With Battery) won’t link with the Nest app but will with the Google Home App

EddieW659
Community Member

Hi All, I could really do with some guidance, I’ve just spent a couple of hours trying to connect up my new outdoor (battery option) additional Nest camera to my already existing Nest network here in the UK, I have the door bell at the front of the house and I have a Nest IQ camera at the end of our garden looking up the garden, they have worked well for over 12 months, BUT can I link in my new acquisition that I bought over in Texas last week.. no.. I did get it to link into he Google Home App but cannot get it to communicate with the actual Nest App..  not only that, if I scan the QR code for the new battery outdoor camera into the Nest App, it reverts to setup in the Google Home App, If I try as manual set up in the Nest App it does not respond to the date given off the underside of the camera, it does accept the ‘SetUp Code’ but does not respond to inputting or showing options of the last 4 digits of the device serial number..    so I do not see the camera images on Nest App and I have to search for the image on the Google App..   Any clues please!!    

6 REPLIES 6

solver
Community Member

I believe Google want to move all their customers from nest to the Google home app.  As you have already noticed they allow set up off the next door bell only through the Google home app. I may want to suggest that you try installing the nest IQ Cam In Google home app and see if you could get the connections working this way. Hope it helps.

@EddieW659 

As many of us have discovered, the new Google Nest cameras and doorbells released starting in the fall of 2021 work ONLY with the Google Home app and NOT with the Google Nest app or the home.nest.com website. Previous Google Nest cameras and doorbells are still administered with the Google Nest app or the home.nest.com website, but their live feeds can be viewed in the Google Home app.

Google's perspective on this--along with customer reactions--can be found in these blogs in this forum:

https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Blog/New-Cameras-and-Google-Home-app/ba-p/4632

https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Blog/Message-from-our-GM-Updates-for-our-Nest-customers/ba-p/...

Thank you for the information it was very helpful and answered my issue as to why I could not get it up and running..   so from the customer service feedback 2022 might see an operational improvement to accommodate peoples purchases..  as an aside, I looked to set up the google home app, which is now ‘seeing’ may many google products around the house including the new battery outside camera but I’m currently not seeing any video from my cameras through that’s app as I do on my previous cameras in the nest app..   I guess its a case of settings..  but thank you so far..

EddieW659
Community Member

Thank you for the information, I have set up the google home app this morning and can see all my google devices but have not figured out as to why i cannot see the video feeds as yet..  all a learning curve i guess …

@EddieW659 

I don't know how video feeds appear when the Google Nest Battery Camera is not plugged in and is running on battery power.  If I unplug ours and then click on it in the Google Home app, I get a screen that says the camera is "Idle" with the battery percentage showing. If I click on "Live Feed" then I get a live video feed.  If the camera is plugged in, I get the live feed as soon as I click on the camera.

MamaKitty28
Community Member

I am having the same issue. At least all of my Nest Cams ARE on Google Home. So much for the "Nest" app?!? -_-