cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Support Hell

RonC
Community Member

I am in support Hell and am considering never doing business again with Google. I have over 10 Nest cameras and wanted to add an exterior unit. The only one available was a battery unit but it was advertised to operate with a cord. Turns out the supplied cord is only a few feet long so I ordered a 30’ cord so I could properly install it. The cord took 2 weeks to arrive. When I attempted to install the camera, I learned the camera does not work with Nest so I decided to try to exchange it for an older model on Amazon. Incredibly, Google allows only 15 days to return or exchange and that time ran because of the delay with the cord!  Even worse, I cannot find any way to use a live chat line or a phone link. All support scripts looped me back out. This game playing is inexcusable. Google….any one home?  Please contact me and make this right. 

6 REPLIES 6

coreyrb
Community Member

How long did it take for you to get the nest cam battery. Been waiting 3 weeks hasnt even shipped. Email support is utterly worthless

BG
Bronze
Bronze

I think you are better in the long run to move forward because they are deprecating the "Nest" line of products that work in the old nest app. I just installed 5 Nest Cams with Floodlight to only find out the same thing. I'm trying to get use to the Google home app, and I totally get the reason why they want to do this. I too sill have a thermostat and Nest Hello that work in the old nest app, and I am disappointed that the new products have even lost features from the older Nest functionality. Like Scheduling!!! I really need to be able to schedule my cameras, however, I do understand that they are coming out with a web interface and more functionality for the new line. So, my advice would be to move forward so you wont always have to use two interfaces.

Whether we have to use two interfaces or not is entirely up to Google, not us. We will have to use two interfaces until Google either adds support for our new 2021 Google Nest cameras to the Google Nest app (and, hopefully, to the home.nest.com website), or migrates full support for our existing Google Nests cameras to the Google Home app.

RonC
Community Member

Good comments. Thanks BG. 

MplsCustomer
Bronze
Bronze

The second article has a link to this long Reddit thread with a couple of dozen comments from Google:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Nest/comments/pc3ln6/welcoming_the_new_nest_cams_and_doorbell/