cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Timeline not showing activity, motion, events during undefined COOLDOWN period

Principled
Community Member

.Even if you have 24/7 services with them and pay 13.00 per month, there is something called a cooldown period that they do not have any notice of anywhere on their site, not even in  the technical department.  They advertise these as “security cameras” and “24/7” and “don’t miss a thing,” however, you will miss a lot!  If a thief comes to you side window if there were no sounds or events recorded prior it might show there was an event on the timeline.  So you will “see” a mark on the timeline and also get a notification (if you have that set).  However, **IF** within anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes (or longer as Google says there’s no definitive timeline), the person broke the window on the side, it will not show  an event occurred on the timeline.  Google’s explanation is a cooldown period (whose time is undefined), is necessary so that the person does not get too many notifications!  I laughed at that, because I said that is ridiculous.  Why would you cater to the lowest denominator?  Anyone (and I do) can shut off notifications, however, if an event happens within  1 second to whenever, and it’s NOT SHOWING, that is more important to your SECURITY features and what I got the cameras for.   People are most likely not paying attention.  I have had these cameras for a year and not until my mother came did I realize this flaw.  She leaves her room to go to the bathroom, it shows up on the timeline, when she returns even as long as 12 minutes later, it does not.  I don't know if she fell!!!  Google says this is normal!  Where is it in the documentation that comes with the cameras?  Where is it in the website under all of the "fixes and troubleshooting?"  Nowhere other than on the phone and on these forums is it "mentioned."  The cameras are useless, really.   Anyone else having this issue?  Please do a test.

0 REPLIES 0