cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Video

robert7
Community Member

Anyone else have issues watching their video history? When I scroll on the app (I have an iPhone 12 Pro) all the video displays, but when I stop scrolling, it freezes. The live video is perfect. 

I have shut app, reset phone and uninstalled/reinstalled app with no change.

** The app is better on an iPad, but still occurs, just less frequently. 

1 Recommended Answer

Rubes
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Yes that is correct however who knows when that will be. There are other posts on here regarding this issue and the advice that’s been given unfortunately doesn’t help (resetting modems, restarting cameras, etc). The instant the last app update came down, this buffering issue occurred. Now it’s a waiting game for the fix.

View Recommended Answer in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Rubes
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

If you’re using the Nest app, this is a recent issue with the most recent update. After the last update, scrolling through history caused the app to get hung up. Unfortunately the only fix is to get another app update.

robert7
Community Member

Thanks Rubes - to confirm, when you say "the only fix is to get another app update" does that mean I have to wait for the next update? If so, that's fine, I just wanted to make sure. Thanks.

Rubes
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Yes that is correct however who knows when that will be. There are other posts on here regarding this issue and the advice that’s been given unfortunately doesn’t help (resetting modems, restarting cameras, etc). The instant the last app update came down, this buffering issue occurred. Now it’s a waiting game for the fix.

S3bryan
Community Member

Do not count on Google fixing it anytime soon. If you notice there is not been one admission by Google that it’s a bug not on here not on Twitter. All the moderators on here replied with the same thing but none of them have any insight, just the same corporate Koolade responses.  This is absolutely a bug on the service side but again Google will never admit failure but they will give you happy birthday on your hub and Tictok videos because that’s important to them

robert7
Community Member

Thanks s3bryan - yeah, I thought I was going crazy. Obviously they’re not getting that much heat about it, which surprises me, but there you go. I just hope they’re not going to push us to their Google Home app. The UX is not a scratch on the Nest app. 

Lankyron
Community Member

Yes, same problem on my iPad for a month or two. Ok on my desktop computer and android phone.

Any way to give NEST iPad app software guys a kick to get them to fix it?

S3bryan
Community Member

Food for thought:  
1: Google has never admitted to any issue at all about the current software bug.

2: Google on here and on Tweeter always makes any response that’s it’s the users fault

3: it has been 9 months since Google started hyping the wonderfulness of the home app, with little changes. Ooo pretty crayon icons.

4: Google has shown that they are totally disinterested in this product 

5: there are zero employees monitoring this site. 
6: The security camera we paid, continue to pay for, are useless since this bug.

7: Google gave us tiktok on our hubs, seriously?

so, what have we discovered? Cameras are worthless since the manufacture has shown us how they feel about them.

When trying to watch a nest camera video and it just spins and the video is in the cloud…that’s a server side issue not the end user!!

Any progress on this issue? I am not able to watch any of the 3 hour video history within the nest app. So frustrating. I’m not subscribing to Nest aware to solve this problem.