cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Water inside my Nest Outdoor Waterproof camera

GeorgeDanut
Community Member

Dear Google Nest Team,

I have called two days ago (case id: [9-9724000031808] to report that one of my outdoor cameras has water inside of it and therefore it is difficult to see what is displaying/recording. We had two hurricanes/tropical depressions (Henri and Ida) that have flooded our home and although they did not get near to the height where the cameras are placed, they did dumped a lot of rain and I suspect that they caused this one camera to get water inside (all the other three outdoor cameras we have are fine). Still these are products that are marketed as outdoor/waterproof equipment and therefore should not allow rain water to get inside and blurr the display. 

Anyway, Melvin, the customer service representative, tried his best to help. He even went out of his way and tried to get an approval from a superior to get this camera replaced - I am surprised that given your size this is something that you require (again, for a piece of equipment marketed as resistant to rain and outdoor elements). His request was denied because my camera is two years old and the warranty expires after one year. At that time I requested to speak to his supervisor as this seems quite unfair to me - one buys a product designed and marketed as rain resistant and after two years the product is no longer rain resistant and fails to deliver the value for which it was purchased. I was told that the supervisor is busy but that she will call me after 2pm. She never called.

This is poor relationship management on your part. We have a lot of Nest products in our home (Nest Thermostats, Indoor and Outdoor cameras, and several Nest Protect)  and it is disappointing to see that this is how you care after the people that buy your products and pay subscriptions for your services. It is disappointing that I have to write this post and continue to seek an explanation on why a two year old outdoor camera allows water inside it and why you would not just replace it or offer to repair it? 

Please help me understand how I can fix this camera. Happy to send photos of it so you can see the damage. I tried to add them here but was not allowed.

Thank you
0 REPLIES 0