My mobile and tv is connected to same network. When I'm trying to cast my phone, Chromecast built-in is not showing in my mobile phone. So I'm unable to cast to my tv. If anyone faced this issue earlier and resolved now, Kindly help me to resolve this issue.
TV model: Mi tv 4a
Mobile model: poco x3
Thanks for your help!
Same thing with my 2 Android TVs. One of them purchased this week (Sharp Aquos 40BL5EA) with Chromecast built in, once it is off for 15 minutes or so, the TV disappears from Google Home.
To be able to use it again I have to unlink it from my home and re-link it.
Truly frustrating to have to purchase yet another separate Chromecast to plug in....
I apologize about the late response, thank you for being patient! Were you able to fix that connection issue? If not, I'd be happy to help out, let me just ask you some questions about what's happening:
I would also recommend you check out this article on common Chromecast connection issues, it may have some steps that will help with the discovery process.
I look forward to your response, and if you have any other questions or concerns for me, please let me know!
Thanks for your reply. I haven't been able to fix this yet.
To answer your questions:
1) The issue started happening as soon as I first turned the TV off. The destination to cast disappears from all "castable" apps/sources (YT, Netflix, VLC, etc.) a few minutes after switching the TV off. Google Home still shows the TV as long as I don't remove it, but the "play music" phrase in blue showing under it when the TV is on disappears and it stops connecting.
2) Google Home 184.108.40.206
3) I am not able to cast from any Android phones in the house (two Galaxy S10s and one S8). I don't use tablets or other devices te be able to try.
4) I am using a dual band router but the TV is plugged in via ethernet cable and the connection from the phones can't be established via any of the 2 bands.
5) I tried uninstalling Google, Chromecast and Webcast view updates from the TV and then attempting a connection, reinstalling the updates, then trying connectiin again, hard resetting the TV to factory settings, reinstalling Home on the phone, switching the TV from ethernet to Wi-fi.
I have tried all troubleshooting measures (applicable to my setup) in the link you sent. None of them have worked.
Hoping there are more things to try.
Of course! Honestly it looks like you tried most of the troubleshooting steps I would have suggested. With Chromecast built-in being an open-source software, it can be a bit hard for Google to troubleshoot everything that may be going on. In this particular case, I would recommend you reach out to Sharp for further support, since there may be a setting or issue directly related to the TV itself.
I'm sorry I couldn't have been more helpful, but if you had any more questions or concerns, I'd be happy to help where I can.
I have a Sony Bravia with the same issue but it's a 2016 so I assumed the new version would have this fixed in the hardware, somehow. It definitely seems like a power problem. Standby power in these devices just doesn't keep the CCast on as you would have in a standalone unit.
No problem at all! For now, I'm going to go ahead and lock up this thread. Of course, if you have any more issues in the future, feel free to start a new thread.
Have a good one!