cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Chrome Cast remote controller unable to nagivate when on home screen

jovdw69
Community Member

The remote controller will not navigate (using circle up down side/side) in the home screen.  I can use the "speak search" to get to an app and once there, can navigate (using circle up down side/side) fine.  So the remote controller appears to work fine everywhere except on the home screen.  Please help.

1 Recommended Answer

GothamNY
Bronze
Bronze

Hey jovdw69, that happens to me frequently and I've found that rebooting the CCwGTV usually solves the problem. Have you tried that?

View Recommended Answer in original post

9 REPLIES 9

GothamNY
Bronze
Bronze

Hey jovdw69, that happens to me frequently and I've found that rebooting the CCwGTV usually solves the problem. Have you tried that?

jovdw69
Community Member

Thanks very much for that. I hadn't rebooted. Wondered if there was another option. I have now done the reboot and the problem is fixed. I hope it is not a recurring issue.

You're welcome; glad you got it all sorted out. It doesn't happen a lot, but it will happen again, it's annoying but not the end of the world and nothing that can't be cured with a reboot. Wireless technology being what it is, there's bound to be interference of some sort.

AnnMarie
Community Member

How does one reboot the Chromecast with Google TV? My remote is useless on Google TV but works fine in the apps like Netflix etc.

1. Using your Chromecast Voice Remote, in the upper right of your TV screen, select your profile. Settings 
  2. Select System Restart. Restart.

Thank you! I hadn't thought to use the voice controller! I actually unplugged it from power for about an hour and plugged it back in and that also seems to have worked! 

Yup, unplugging works, but I doubt you need to do it for an hour -- you miss a lot of TV doing that. 😂  The controller trick works too, but now you and @jovdw69  will know how to deal with an ornery controller.

How do you use the voice remote to get to your account profile of the arrows don’t work 

AnnMarie
Community Member

I probably wouldn't have normally waited that long, but I unplugged it and went to the grocery store to give it some time to think about what it had done! 🤣 Thanks again for the info!