cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Chromecast 2 doesnt connect to wifi 5 ghz band

muhammadashraf
Community Member

My chromecast second generation was connected with 5 GHz wifi network but it disconnected suddenly and i am never able to connect with 5 ghz network the network doesnt show up on google home app, 

85 REPLIES 85

Turfu
Community Member

Wow, so I just bought a Google TV (TCL C835), and I have the same problem... It's not possible for me to connect to 5GHz WiFi. And as it is also not possible to change the channel in my ISP's routeur, I can only use 2.4GHz WiFi which is too slow. That's a bit problematic, knowing how difficult it is to get help from Google (in Europe at least).

check if the tv specs say your tv supports wifi 5 ghz

kleigh
Community Member

Assuming there's no fix for this? All of our Google devices (Chromecast and 2 Nest cameras) are all showing 2.4GHz which is causing major issues for us. We can't even stream anything properly on Chromecast anymore because it won't connect to either of our Wi-Fi pod extenders from our Internet provider.

There is fix, use 5 ghz channel below 100 this way your devices can connect with 5 ghz network

So I tried doing that, but unfortunately turning off the Bell "Whole Home Wi-Fi (Let Bell optimize Wi-Fi throughout your home)" setting to be able to change the channel first makes our Bell pods unusable and then Bell automatically turns the setting back on and won't actually permanently save it to be turned off. I was just on the phone with tech support and they basically said there's nothing that can be done (and I pushed them on it). I feel like I'm at a loss with this uhgggg 😞

Bitsy-Chuck
Community Member

Have been facing the same issue with my google home mini. My 5Gz wifi on 148 channel is not showing up in the initial setup but on changing it to 48 channel, it comes up. Has there been any update?

Framework: 1.56.324896