cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Chromecast Ultra

Luis71
Community Member

I've read the solution for similar posts but none of them work for me. The device is connected to the HDMI port, is displaying a solid white LED and is about 8 feet from the router. On the TV it shows D3G7 on the left and on the right it reads "Can't connect to wifi" I tried connecting to the chrome as if it were wifi as suggested for the other posts, but once connected it says no internet available and the screen never changes. Set up never progresses past the point where I receive the "device needs to be activated" message on the Home app. This chrome ultra is for use with the Stadia I forgot to mention. This was previously connected but was off for awhile and now can't get it back on.

1 Recommended Answer

As I mentioned in the beginning, I tried what was recommended to others having the same issue but I guess I'll list what I've tried so far:

-Unplugged wifi for 5 minutes, fractory reset Chromecast ultra, restarted pixel 3 cell, tried to connect to the Chromecast ssid  and still didn't work. As I mentioned, the Chromecast is around 8 feet from wifi and previously worked from there so I highly doubt I need a booster.

View Recommended Answer in original post

5 REPLIES 5

DigitforPC
Community Member

If you are unable to connect Chromecast to Wi-fi, you can try any of the following fixes. I will mention the steps that you can take to resolve the issue and I will also attach a link where all the details are mentioned. 

Restart Your Router
Restart Chromecast
Restart Casting Device 

Try Wi-Fi Signal Booster

Reset Chromecast (make a backup beforehand)

This is the article that I found really helpful while troubleshooting the same problem with Chromecast

How to Fix Google Chromecast Not Showing Up 

As I mentioned in the beginning, I tried what was recommended to others having the same issue but I guess I'll list what I've tried so far:

-Unplugged wifi for 5 minutes, fractory reset Chromecast ultra, restarted pixel 3 cell, tried to connect to the Chromecast ssid  and still didn't work. As I mentioned, the Chromecast is around 8 feet from wifi and previously worked from there so I highly doubt I need a booster.

Luis71
Community Member

Accidently marked as solved but the issue is not solved. 

Yes exactly, but before getting a booster check if there is any blockage between the Chromecast and the router. Also if there are any devices like Bluetooth speakers, wireless handsets, or anything that falls in this category, remove them, and if it still doesn't work then go for a Wi-Fi booster. 

There is no blockage of any kind. If anything, there were speakers there when it was working but were removed after some time and it continued to work. I appreciate the suggestion of a booster but I'm 100% sure that is not the issue. Especially since the other Chromecast in the garage downstairs works fine.