I'm pretty much having the same issue as this guy here, but I could no longer reply to it:
I'm basically living in Belgium and have my chromecast, phone, TV, (basically every device in my household) set to English.
But for some random reason, some movies (Titles and Description) are not shown in English, but in French instead (in not even living in the French part of Belgium?).
All languages are set to English US, both on my phone, TV as well as Chromecast itself.
How do I get those few titles that are shown in the wrong language to also be shown in English?
Thanks for reaching out. Let's sort this out.
When did the issue start? Could you please try to toggle the language in the Chromecast with Google TV settings from a different language then back to English? Also, reboot your Chromecast and Wi-Fi router. If the issue persists, factory reset your Chromecast.
Thanks for trying to help. It's really appreciated!
This issue started instantly after I unpacked the chromecast and set it up for the first time. I updated the chromecast in the meanwhile. It still exists to date. I switched the language from Dutch to English and back multiple times. No difference sadly.
Some titles, trailers or descriptions are french, some English, some German. It's really random.
A factory reset sounds ineffective as it came straight out of the box. Cannot be more factory resetted as oy already is.
Thanks for getting back to us. Could you please confirm if you're located on the borderline in your state? If yes, there might be a chance that this is affected by the IP address assigned to your device. I suggest you contact your internet service provider if they can check and configure it for you.
Keep me posted.
Thanks again for trying to help.
I'm not sure how that would affect the IP? The ISP is from Belgium, so the IP that gets assigned is also Belgian. ISP's here do not work together nor share IPs cross-border. Different countries different ISPs.
But I'm close to the Dutch border, yes. But the content I see is French and German and I'm not even close to any of those countries (border-wise).
I even tried turning on a Belgian VPN set to brussels (which is exactly in the center of the country) but to no avail, sadly.
Sorry for the late reply, I wasn't at home the last few days (company outing), so I had no time to look into it.
I did use the chromecast yesterday (on the English language) and did not encounter any wrong language items. I'm going to check this evening. If it's still fine, I think we can assume it's (temporarily) solved.
Hey Jeran and Jennifer,
Thanks for checking again and sorry for not reporting back. ( I don't use the chromecast/my TV that often)
I gave it another shot with the hotspot, but that didn't help, unfortunately. Nothing changes when I connect to it (i rebooted the chromecast through the settings menu as well).
As my phone number is dutch and I live in Belgium I couldn't do really extensive tests (as that's expensive), but I did a relative short one, but i saw no changes.
Still some things are English, some French and some (rather rarely) German.
Currently have the device language set to English (which explains why no dutch ones appear anymore). Which isn't ideal, but at least I now have 3 languages instead of 4 to deal with 😅
It remains annoying as you have to search for some movies in 3 languages to find it (one of which I barely speak [French])
If you have any other ideas, I'll happily test them. Otherwise I'll surrender to the fact I'll just have to get used to it.