cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Chromecast with Google TV 4K is stuck on Google Logo and won't respond

suylow
Community Member

I came home to my Chromecast stuck on the Google Logo. The unit is unresponsive, the hard reset button does nothing. 

Tried the router reset, hard reset with button, unplugging and replugging in the original power cable.

I have only been using it for less than 2 months. 

4 REPLIES 4

KingWzrdd
Community Member

I am experiencing the same issue, as are others in the community - cannot factory reset - cycling does nothing. 

suylow
Community Member

Reached out to chat and they escalated the issue. Agent said I should get a response within 24 hours. 

suylow
Community Member

Looks like there was some problem since this is not an isolated incident. Why is there no one attempting to solve this with us? Can't even contact support as it just brings me to the forums, not getting any help though. 

suylow
Community Member

In case anyone is checking for status. I finally got the rma email and shipping label last week. Sent it back to Google on Monday and just got an email saying my replacement has been shipped. Hoping to get a working CCWGTV again soon.

All this after talking to reps on contact us, waited for email after they couldn't troubleshoot. Filled out the info they needed and then received the label and sent it back. Within 2 days my replacement is on the way.