cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google Chromecast "not being able to connect to the same wifi"

Jbajet
Community Member

I've had this chromecast for a couple years now and it has worked completely fine until last night. I couldn't cast so I followed all the steps, factory resetting the chromecast, resetting my router, restarting my phone, uninstalling the google home app and reinstalling it. Nothing has worked. I get through the whole set up, make it all the way to the wifi set up, and I get a message saying chromecast was successfully set up but it can't be found. All of the other troubleshooting posts have not helped me. I am about ready to just throw it out and never use a google casting product again its so frustrating. 

3 REPLIES 3

Sdl5007
Community Member

I am having the same issue.  Tried 2 different chromecasts on my tv, but still says I need to connect to the same wifi as my phone.  Interesting enougb, is that prior to deleting the device, and after a few factory resets, it still remembered the custom name I gave it.  Using Home, I was able to see the images on the screen as well as changing the temperature from F to C and back, but if I went to edit the Device name, when I would save it, it didnt register the save.  This worked last night up until 1130pm EST.

rhosnell16
Community Member

hi I have had this same issue for weeks and haven't figured out how to fix it so please let me know if you find a solution! Thanks 🙂

mecrean
Community Member

Hi,

Same issue for me.

Try with differents Chromecast. Reset Chromecast, change phone, reset router, change wifi, no result