cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mute button doesn't work on soundbar

nickc71
Community Member

The mute button on my google TV with Chromecast  remote  isn't working on for my soundbar.  Its a standard sony soundbar HT-CT60.  The volume keys work fine.  I've tried all 6 profiles for sony soundbar in the remote setup.  I don't suppose there is anyway to make this work is there?

4 REPLIES 4

Ashepherdson
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

This is a Google forum so I'm just going to take a shot in the dark here, if your remote is IR based then turn on your phone's camera and point the remote at your phone's camera lens.  Press a button that you know is working such as the volume buttons when you're looking at your phone screen you should see the IR LED light up.  Then press the mute button on your remote while looking at your phone screen if it lights up then it's a software problem or a config problem, it doesn't light up then the button itself most likely does not work. 

The remote is for my Google TV with Chromecast not my sound bar remote. I’m trying to set it up.  The volume pairs fine with the remote. 

Ashepherdson
Gold Product Expert
Gold Product Expert

Ah that makes more sense ..okay I know it's annoying but try a full reset of the remote, then repair and resetup..it's possible something got messed up during the initial setup.  Also entirely possible that the profiles aren't compatible with your soundbar, but unsure of this one!

I did the thing where I take the batteries out and hold two buttons and wait for the light to blink - the re-paired the remote to the Google TV device...  Is that basically what you're suggesting?  After I did - I tried all six sony soundbar profiles still no mute ability, though a few did modify volume...  My fire tv remote, and all other universal remotes mute it fine...  I wonder if I'm just out of luck