cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

No connection to ZyXEL AX7501-B0 with Chromecast Ultra

alexs77
Community Member

Hello

I'm trying to connect my two Chromecast Ultra devices to my ZyXEL AX7501-B0 WiFi router. It just doesn't connect… 😣

I did factory resets of the Chromecasts and also the ZyXEL WiFi router. After that, I started the Google Home app on my Android phones (tried multiple; lets say it's a OnePlus 7). It finds the devices and suggests to do a setup. I see these 4 digits/chars on the screen and confirm that I also see them on the app and then I try to connect it to the WiFi.

It fails. After a period of time, it shows that the connection is not possible.

The Chromecasts are also connected with LAN cable. Does not help.

The WiFi itself works just fine; other devices can connect and Internet connection is possible.

It never used to work with this WiFi; before that, I was using an AVM Fritz!Box.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

AlexS77

1 Recommended Answer

alexs77
Community Member

I had a DHCP server on a Raspi in my network running - had totally forgotten about that 🙈

After turning it off, everything works like it should.

View Recommended Answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

alexs77
Community Member

I had a DHCP server on a Raspi in my network running - had totally forgotten about that 🙈

After turning it off, everything works like it should.

Hilary
Community Manager (Admin)

Hey there, 
It looks like you were able to find a solution. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns as I will be locking this in 24 hours.

Have a great day!
Hilary

Hilary

Hey Folks.

We haven't heard any updates from you. I'll go ahead and lock this thread. If you're still experiencing problems, feel free to start a new thread and we'll be happy to help.

Best Regards,
Hilary