I both have a Pixel 3XL and Tab S4, sice a few months I can no longer cast to Chromecast from my tablet. When I press the cast button I can't see the nickname assigned to my chromecast. If I open Google home I can see the Chromecast device, as I tap on it a loading window appears and after 30 seconds it switch back to the main google home screen. I don't have any issue using it from my Pixel 3 XL. I tried a factory reset on Chromecast, switching wifi mode, but the issue persists.. I thought an update would solve the issue but it's been months...
Answered! Go to the Recommended Answer.
Hey there sqrknt,
I apologize about the late response, thank you for being patient! I am really sorry to hear that you've had this issue for months now, I'd be happy to help you figure out the issue. Let me just ask some questions to better understand what's happening:
I would double-check that those Location Services are enabled, as well as make sure that you are connected to the same Wi-Fi band as the Chromecast device, in your case, either 5GHz or 2.4GHz.
I look forward to your response, and if you had any other questions or concerns, please let me know!
Hi thank you fo your response,
In relation to your questions:
- my Tab S4 is up to date, I don't know for my chromcast since there is no choice about updating in chromecast menu and I don't know how to look for latest firmware
- I tried different apps from my tablet, but they don't work, even opening the chromecast from google home hows a loading symbol and then the app goes back to the mai devices list
- I don't know about location services on the tablet, can you explain how to look for it?
- I have a dual band router and both devices are on the same band, I even tried switching the chromecast band and then connect the tablet to the corresponding band
- I also tried factory resetting the chromecast, nothing changed
- the fact is that the chromecast is working perfectly with my cell phone (pixel 3 xl)
Of course, thank you for your reply! Go ahead and give these steps a try:
After all of that, if you are still having issues connecting from the Tab S4, go ahead try to manually connect to the Chromecast SSID:
Let me know if that works out, I look forward to your response!
Hi, I wasn't able to make the tablet work.. Location services was already turned on on my tablet.. I couldn't find the chromecast SSID, maybe the chromecast must be factory reset to be able to see it?
It always worked and then a couple months ago suddenly it stopped working...
The strange thing is that in Google Home I can see the chromecast device in the house, but when I tap on it a loading symbol rotates for about 15-20 seconds and then the app switches back to the previous screen, while as I do the same thing with my pixel 3xl after tapping on the chromecast device icon, a new screen appears showing the background image which is showing on the TV..
Hmm, no problem, we can have you try 2 different settings changes that are Samsung specific if you'd like to try them. Try disabling Smart Network Switch, here's how to do that:
We also advise you to turn off the screen overlay (which may also affect the discover-ability of the device).
Let me know if that helps,
Oh! Well, I'm glad to hear it is working again! I wish we knew what the fix was, but it could have been a number of things. In that case, I'll go ahead and lock this thread up. Of course, if you run into any issues again, feel free to create a new thread.
Have a good one!