cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google Assistant on JBL Link giving wrong time!

jamesmflint
Community Member

Hey!

I have google assistant on a JBL Link speaker and I have noticed recently that when I say "Good Morning" to start the routine, I am getting a time zone that is -8 hours! I am in the UK, so on GMT, yet I seem to be getting PST time. The rest of the routine all works OK, it gives me the correct weather for my location and starts the radio.

Weirdly if I say "Good Morning" to one of the actual Google Mini's, it works fine and I get the correct time therefore it must be the JBL - it even happens on both JBL speakers I have. If I purely ask the JBL the actual time, I get the right time.

Really weird situation. Any ideas anyone?? 

1 Recommended Answer

Where2how
Community Member

Just heard from Harman Intl the ownersmof JBL as follows "Our Technical Team has looked into your case and have inform me that they and Google are aware of the issue and currently working on a software update to remedy the problem. However, we do not have a time frame as to when this update will be available."

View Recommended Answer in original post

14 REPLIES 14

daicol
Community Member

Same issue here. I'm in Oz but I get an American time. Phone routines work fine but JBL is stuffed

jamesmflint
Community Member

Very strange. At least it's not just me!

Where2how
Community Member

yes we have been getting the same recently. Hopefully JBL will resolve it soon.

Anyone any idea why it suddenly started as I'm not aware of any change to the JBL speaker.

KOS
Community Member

Same problem, noticed it over the past few weeks. Interesting to hear that it's international. I live in Sydney and it's 5 hours off every time I say 'Good Morning'. It get's my location correct though...

Sesi
Community Member

Same me in Thailand.I say good morning but they and me good afternoon!!!! 4day already.

daicol
Community Member

I have a query open with JBL, I will let you know what they say. Don't waste your time doing resets, removing etc. It probably was an update of change in the Google processes routines.

Here's my fw and sw details:

Sys FW v 1690, Cast FW 1.44.219548

They are pushing for a receipt, which I can't find so it may fall on death ears. If anyone has a proof of purchase in Australia then push it my way!

daicol
Community Member

Email these guys with the problem

support@harman.com

They are the company who support JBL. They need a proof of purchase and the serial number (found underneath).

They also need to know when the problem started. Good luck!

Wyngit
Community Member

I have this exact problem in Singapore, but with Harman Kardon citation speakers.

LondoMollari
Community Member

In the US, EST: Last week, at 12:53 pm I said "Good Morning". Google on my JBL Link said the time was 9:53 am, then proceeded to give me news updates "from NPR @ 5pm today" and "from NPR Politics @ 3pm today". Bizarre. It's been like this for at least 2 weeks - I hope someone can find an answer soon!

Where2how
Community Member

Just heard from Harman Intl the ownersmof JBL as follows "Our Technical Team has looked into your case and have inform me that they and Google are aware of the issue and currently working on a software update to remedy the problem. However, we do not have a time frame as to when this update will be available."

Thank you, I went to their website & was dreading having to contact them! The response you received isn't exactly confidence-inspiring from Harman's side, but I appreciate the hell out of you sharing it! 

Great! Thanks for this update. Guess we will wait and see!

daicol
Community Member

Hi all. My routines time is correct again. How are you all getting on?

System firmware version: 1690

Cast firmware: 1.44.219548

Seems like the same version as before so no product update ? ? ? Server issue?

Where2how
Community Member

I agree. Mine gave me the correct time today.👍