Over the last 8 weeks or so I have had a reply from my Home Mini saying I need to go to my app. Only to find that the Mini has become unassigned from the room it was in. I then reassign it to that room all is good for a couple of weeks then it becomes unassigned again. This keeps happening. I haven't and don't do anything different. Up to this point it had been working well apart from a few glitches when they first came out and routines not running to schedule.
Sorry for the late response, but I wanted to drop in here to help.
I understand that these issues can be confusing but I definitely wanted to stop by and see how I could help.
Just wanted to double check to see if you were still needing help on this? If so, what troubleshooting steps have you tried?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks for the update.
Have you already tried performing a full reset and to see if it works? How many Google Home speakers are affected? Let's make sure that the Google Home Mini is within a good range from the router preferable within 10-15 feet while setting it up.
Lastly, can you provide the cast firmware version of your device? To check the firmware version:
Let me know how it goes.
Apologize for the delays. Chiming in to ensure everything is covered here. Just to add - could you check the Google Home App feed history to see if there is any recorded activity of the device being unlinked from the Google Home app. Also, are you experiencing issues on your network lately?
I'll wait for your response.
There is nothing in the current history. But as I reported in one of my replies, there was a note in the history prior to January saying my email user removed the device at silly o'clock in the morning (about 2am) and no it wasn't me as I was sound asleep. I live on my own, along with my dogs, I have not had any network issues at all.
My contract with my ISP was coming to an end, so on the 11th March I was offered a better deal by BT and on 21st March I installed a new router/modem, and removed the SKY one from service. So all devices have now been connected via the original access point in my bedroom and the new one in my lounge. The only google device I am having issues with is the Home Mini in the lounge, the Google Dongle in the lounge works fine with no issues. I have been on FTTP since 2020.
Thanks for the update. We got the form you've submitted, and sent you an email about your concern. I'll go ahead and lock this thread now, and let's continue through that channel.
If you have any new issues, updates or just a discussion topic, feel free to start a new thread in the community.
I typed the above post the same day as the last person asked for the information. Three times I attempted it and it came up with some crap about embedded html..well all I did was type a reply, I bloody didn't embed anything. Everything I tried to post it it says it was removing it, and then it said I could post a reply which I did, but nothing ever happened. Obviously doesn't like me typing a reply on my android phone for some unknown reason, so I typed it again on my PC got same crap warning message and it then let me post it. I even got a message saying that I had got a badge for making another post!!!
So sorry for the delay. I am beginning to think the best place for this mini is the bin as yet again this morning it was no longer in the room