cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nest Hello wired doorbell no longer available in script editor

wjuk
Community Member

I created a script not long ago with a doorbell press action. It all worked fine but now I want to tweak it and it says the doorbell is not a valid device:

wjuk_0-1690201750992.png

I tried with a new script and it doesn't even give me the option of the device.event.DoorbellPress anymore (probably because it doesn't see the doorbell?).

wjuk_1-1690201810466.png

The automation continues to run as expected but I just can't tweak it anymore as it fails validation. Any ideas?

[EDIT] Just thought I'd add that I tried on the phone and web browser. The doorbell is still available in the home app and works as normal.

1 Recommended Answer

kelanfromgoogle
Community Manager (Admin)

Hey folks, thanks for flagging.

The team is aware of the issue involving automation starters and the Nest Hello doorbell. We're currently working on a fix, thank you for your patience.

Stay tuned!

View Recommended Answer in original post

13 REPLIES 13

BenWassink
Community Member

I have the same issue, hopefully they wel debug this.

wjuk
Community Member

Glad I'm not the only one. I guess it's just something they will have to fix in the backend. At least the rest of the automation is still working...

BenWassink
Community Member

Probably there is something wrong with the cameras.
Because if I changing the code, he can't dint my doorbell camera.

Maybe issue with Nest products.

kelanfromgoogle

Hey folks, thanks for flagging.

The team is aware of the issue involving automation starters and the Nest Hello doorbell. We're currently working on a fix, thank you for your patience.

Stay tuned!

Thanks, is it possible to get an update whenever this is fixed?

kelanfromgoogle

Hey @wjuk,

Yeah definitely - I'll be updating this thread as soon as I hear more.

It's been 3 weeks already, any update on this?

Any updates on this, very annoying that it will see my Nest outdoor camera but not the Doorbell?!?

Hey, any updates on this?

Hi, Any update on this fix?  The new actions and starters link added by wjuk doesn't seem to address this issue.

Thanks!

steakpowered
Community Member

I'm also experiencing this issue.  I tried a factory reset without any success.

armin-tamzarian
Community Member

Having the same issue..  Was hoping to setup a light on my porch to go on when motion is detected (preferably that of a person) during the nighttime.  Can't even add my doorbell cam as a device 😞

wjuk
Community Member

This seems to be solved now from what I can tell. Probably related to the new starters/actions update that was pushed (https://www.googlenestcommunity.com/t5/Blog/New-starters-and-actions-for-automations-now-available-i...)