cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nest aware and Google one

Markymarc
Community Member

I'm currently a subscriber to nest aware in the UK. I've recently seen that if I subscribe to Google one premium I would get nest aware and Google fit as part of the package. Would I have to cancel my nest aware subscription first and then subscribe to Google one premium?

1 Recommended Answer

RD759
Community Member

I did this on Friday. They refund you for the nest aware and start a new subscription. 

However, if you were using nest aware plus it gets downgraded. I've just noticed this is the case so will be raising a query tomorrow to find out what to do - seems daft only having the one nest subscription bolted into the premium accounts - I'm happy to pay a top up for the aware plus. 

View Recommended Answer in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RD759
Community Member

I did this on Friday. They refund you for the nest aware and start a new subscription. 

However, if you were using nest aware plus it gets downgraded. I've just noticed this is the case so will be raising a query tomorrow to find out what to do - seems daft only having the one nest subscription bolted into the premium accounts - I'm happy to pay a top up for the aware plus. 

Markymarc
Community Member

Thank you for the reply.

Can I just ask .... Did you loose familiar faces or any other data during the switch over?

RD759
Community Member

No, not noticed any issues with the face recognition or zones all seems to be as was. 

Also for anyone else, it's a £60 extra to bolt nest aware plus on. Next year I'll downgrade the premium account given the amounts. 

Bounty1981
Community Member

Were you on the Nest Aware yearly billing or monthly?

I have a basic Google 1 subscription paid yearly  and pay for the yearly Nest aware.

I am hoping if I upgrade to premium Google 1 they will pro rata refund my Nest aware 

-Craig
Community Member

I am a little confused.

I am in similar position, I have Nest Aware Plus, paid yearly, renews in June 2024. I have cancelled this, so will not renew.

I now have Google One, that includes the basic Nest Aware, which I am happy to down grade to.

I contacted Google One support, they couldn't help me, said I need to contact Nest Aware team.

The 'senior' Nest Aware tech said I would loose all my settings, clips, recordings if I changed subscription, as Google has to delete all recordings when a subscription is changed?

Then I found this thread, which conflicts with what I was told by A Google Nest support agent?

Can anyone else confirm they don't loose settings/recordings/clips etc, and what process they followed to migrate from Nest Aware  Plus to Google One (Nest Aware) ?

TIA!