cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google Home for Nest Protect

T5B
Community Member

What is the status of support for Nest Protect (Smoke & CO sensor) in Google Home ?

in January 2023 (currently one year ago) the official reply to this exact same question when posted in December 2021 (one year before, now two years ago) was :

“We can confirm that supporting Nest Protect in Home App is indeed on our roadmap. We understand that this has been a long desired capability and the team is fully committed to expanding Home App support to cover the much loved Nest Protect smoke and carbon monoxide alarm.“

but there’s no sign of any progress towards a solution… so, what is the current status ? please ?

3 REPLIES 3

Chucky44
Community Member

I also wish they would do this, I transferred my 1st Gen camera's to the Google Home app, now just waiting for my doorbell, Nest Hub max and the Nest Protect to be done.  Would be nice just to manage everything from 1 app.

hpmoon
Community Member

Their response in 2021 was made in bad faith, and it's only gotten worse. There is some unaccountable mid-level executive holding this up, no doubt, with ego and stubbornness acting against unanimous customer will. The amount of time and expense to code this compatibility, is nearly zero for Alphabet.

PurringPigeon
Community Member

Wow. That’s unfortunate. I’m thinking of getting these and I reached out to the Google store help and was told I needed the Google Home App. Guess that wasn’t true.