cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Google Nest Protect: no installer

mvanmane
Community Member

folk, I bought "wired" Google Nest Protect smoke detectors few weeks ago from Google Store. I also paid almost $800 for installation service.

First, On Tech was the company supposed to install  these devices. They backed off telling - they don't have background (electrician) to install these wired devices.  

Then , another company, Handy, is currently assigned. They have scheduled almost 8 or 9 appointments. But no technician has showed  up yet. Each time, the only thing Handy does is set  another appointment (wishing some technician will show  up). 

I called Google - they tell me, On Tech is a separate company, I should talk to them.
I called  OnTech - The OnTech support suggested I return these wired  devices and get  wireless. 
I called Handy -  They ask me if I want cancel the installation and get a  refund.

I bought the product and installation service, primarily trusting Google. If I knew  I am  getting into,  I would not have  purchased the product.

It is now several weeks, nobody has installed these devices. I think  what's with these "wired" devices why there so much difficulty installing.... I hope Google cares for  the customer experience ..and not just pass the responsibility.

I wonder if returning  these wired devices is  the only option left...

0 REPLIES 0