cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nest Protect does not appear in Home app.

nigeldodd
Community Member

Nest Protect does not appear in Home app. I can set up Protect in the Nest app. It doesn't appear in the Home app.

Why have two apps? 

10 REPLIES 10

Namluv
Community Member

I'm having the same issue. According to some help info I saw online from Google, the home app should be giving us the option that says "add existing device" however it does not give us that option in our app.

nigeldodd
Community Member
If you click the + button in the Home app you get an option to Setup Device, then you have a choice of  New Device or Works with Google. Neither of these seem to work with Protect.

I really do not understand why there are two apps, Home and Nest. We should only have one. Google, if you are listening, please address this issue.

Namluv
Community Member

You're completely correct, after this long they should be only one app and none of the Nest being separate app. Google needs to get so many things fixed.

Elgpresident
Community Member

I am having the same problem. Cant add Nest in the home app, like i have fx Sonos. Plus the new outdoorcamera i bought, wont show in Nest app, so i am forced to use both app´s now.

Epic fail Google...smh.

Thinking about make a change over to another brand, for better and more userfriendly app/connectivity

Namluv
Community Member

Stupidly, even trying to sign in with Google on the Nest "works with" link doesn't work- because Google didn't update to their own standards. Gives "error: 400 redirect_uri_mismatch" with further detail "you can't sign into this app because it doesn't comply with Google's OAuth 2.0 policy" 🙄

nigeldodd
Community Member

Googlenestcommunity has asked me to select one reply as a solution to the problem. I don't think we have a solution. Google, if you are reading this, please implement a solution in the form of combining the Nest and Home apps into one. 

Namluv
Community Member

You're right; nothing is solved.

skujins
Community Member

Following as I'm having the same issue.

Salim-t
Community Member

Same issue Google. Shame 🤦‍♂️

Dan13
Community Member

+1